No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Approach it from a pure algebra standpoint without having any emotional investment in the involved groups.

You have group A, cops.

Group B, an ethnic group with a very low violent crime rate.

Group C, an ethnic group with a very high violent crime rate.

Group A spend their lives making themselves physically vulnerable on behalf of society for questionable reward. They survive by noticing patterns and reading between the lines.

If you immediately fire any member of group A who develops a different reaction to group B vs group C, what percentage of group A would you need to fire? Would it be viable?

Would you be able to re-fill those positions enough to keep the peace?

Would group C not take advantage of this policy and deliberately antagonize group A utilizing hoaxes/fraudulent suits(even more than already takes place)?

etc.

Everyone wants the exact same thing. For group C's violent crime rate to decrease. Percentage of conversation devoted to that topic? Oh hovering around zero.

Nothing you say gives justification for police officers with racial bias. It's known that whites have similar if not higher rates of drug offenses as blacks. So you're all for whites being randomly detained and searched?

I never thought I'd have to explain to any intelligent adult, or child for that matter, that police should not be racially biased. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      I know you're going to argue for days to try to prove yourself right, but this is very simple. I said carry your ID and none of this happens. You say, "know your rights and don't do anything illegal".

Let's assume he knew his rights and wasn't doing anything illegal. That's good, but as the video shows, this event STILL HAPPENED. We're not talking about what should have happened and who was in the right, we're talking about this incident occuring. Plain and simple, like the cop said, if he had ID the cop was going to go on his way.
      You're not understanding my point.

It's not about the event happening. It's about the fact that the event should NOT have happened, and not because of his ID. It shouldn't have happened because the cop overstepped his bounds.

I AM talking about who was in the right. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Seems you are talking about being submissive and ignoring/giving up your rights. Sorry, but no one should be forced to live that way.

To make it a bit more clear, because I see the angle you're trying to take, but I'm coming from a different angle. You say carry an ID and this doesn't happen. Even if he caries an ID, he doesn't have to present it to the officer. In reality, what we should be focused on is this doesn't happen if the cop doesn't overstep his bounds.
      Last edited by travestyny; 06-09-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Fifty shot in Chicago last weekend, ten dead. Not a peep from these so called justice seekers.
        Hey now, but some dark skinned homeless guy got hassled by police.

Priorities, priorities......

Comment

I know you're going to argue for days to try to prove yourself right, but this is very simple. I said carry your ID and none of this happens. You say, "know your rights and don't do anything illegal".
          Then why in the world do engage in a pointless exercise where you already know the inevitable ending before you even begin?????

Comment

Standard police sh^t. The government in various cities & states need to start taking a lead in re-training officers on dealing with the public better.

And they need to get rid of mfers like this guy outright.

I know its a dangerous job. I know mfers get colder with dealing with people after awhile due to all the sh^t they see. But if you can't handle the job then you should be fired. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Fifty shot in Chicago last weekend, ten dead. Not a peep from these so called justice seekers.
              What does a bunch of criminals killing each other got to do with a cat picking up trash outside of where he lives?

This sh^t is unrelated. Unless you are suggesting maybe more police need to be finding more criminals with guns who are doing real crime vs f#cking with a guy cleaning a yard.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                You're not understanding my point.

It's not about the event happening. It's about the fact that the event should NOT have happened, and not because of his ID. It shouldn't have happened because the cop overstepped his bounds.

I AM talking about who was in the right. I'm not sure what you are talking about. Seems you are talking about being submissive and ignoring/giving up your rights. Sorry, but no one should be forced to live that way.

To make it a bit more clear, because I see the angle you're trying to take, but I'm coming from a different angle. You say carry an ID and this doesn't happen. Even if he caries an ID, he doesn't have to present it to the officer. In reality, what we should be focused on is this doesn't happen if the cop doesn't overstep his bounds.
                Frankly, I'm not interested in your point. I made a comment, and you responded to me. Don't go changing the point. If he wants to "stand up for his right" to not carry ID, and not be compliant with a police interaction, that's all well and good.

My point is, that if he carries AND PRODUCESan ID, this police interaction is 30 seconds, rather than several minutes.

Just carry AND PRODUCE an ID, and none of this happens
                Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 06-09-2019, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  What does a bunch of criminals killing each other got to do with a cat picking up trash outside of where he lives?

This sh^t is unrelated. Unless you are suggesting maybe more police need to be finding more criminals with guns who are doing real crime vs f#cking with a guy cleaning a yard.
                  It’s a catch 22. If there isn’t enough being done by police in these violent communities, they are criticized for not caring. If they do their job in these communities and one or two get out of line, then all police are bad.

There are approximately 850K cops in this country at the state, city and local level. There are a handful of incidents like this each day. While I don’t support cops using strong arm tactics and abusing their power, I also notice that the good they do is never randomly recorded. Only the bad. That’s just how it goes, bad news gets more press than good. But put things in their perspective. Close to a million cops in this country, if things were really as bad as some of these people would have you believe, there would be way more incidents like this. Especially now that everyone has a cell phone camera.

Comment

Frankly, I'm not interested in your point. I made a comment, and you responded to me. Don't go changing the point. If he wants to "stand up for his right" to not carry ID, and not be compliant with a police interaction, that's all well and good.

My point is, that if he carries an ID, this police interaction is 30 seconds, rather than several minutes.

Just carry an ID, and none of this happens
                    Again, that's not true because even if he carries his ID, he is not required to show it to the cop. So carrying his ID is not the issue. You're advocating the cop doing something illegal and the victim making it easier for him.

If the cop knew how to do his job, or knew how to do his job correctly by following the proper procedure, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe we should stop trying to blame the victim here????

Plus the guy DID show his ID. Apparently it wasn't good enough!
                    Last edited by travestyny; 06-09-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Again, that's not true because even if he carries his ID, he is not required to show it to the cop. So carrying his ID is not the issue. You're advocating the cop doing something illegal and the victim making it easier for him.

If the cop knew how to do his job, or knew how to do his job correctly by following the proper procedure, this wouldn't have happened. Maybe we should stop trying to blame the victim here????
                      I get so tired of playing these stupid semantics games with you. Here, I'll edit my fücking posts... Jesus...

Comment

Working...
                      X