Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somebody please help me with this Errol Spencer hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody please help me with this Errol Spencer hype?

Seriously i dont get it. Why is he praised and hyped up so much? Look at guys like golovkin and Thurman. They're called hypejobs and bum beaters cause they knocked out everyone until they fought the top guys. Same with errol. His claim to fame is decisioning a lightweight he should of knocked out in mickey garcia and struggling with porter. I mean am i missing something here? Props to him for beating danny garcia but honestly i think they either did some million dollar man shiet on him or hes on roids.

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
    Seriously i dont get it. Why is he praised and hyped up so much? Look at guys like golovkin and Thurman. They're called hypejobs and bum beaters cause they knocked out everyone until they fought the top guys. Same with errol. His claim to fame is decisioning a lightweight he should of knocked out in mickey garcia and struggling with porter. I mean am i missing something here? Props to him for beating danny garcia but honestly i think they either did some million dollar man shiet on him or hes on roids.
    Boils down to a question.

Where were the guys ranked that Spence beat, when he beat them?

Kell Brook - Top 5 Welterweight, undefeated at the weight class, IBF Champion, Spence beat him ON HIS HOME TURF AND ON HIS TERMS

Shawn Porter - Top 5 Welterweight, WBC Champion

Danny Garcia - Top 5 Welterweight, 2 division champion, former lineal at 140

Mikey Garcia - Undefeated, Top 10 Welterweight (which I disagreed with), 4 division champion, former lineal at 140

That's not even counting:

Chris Algieri - never knocked out, Manny couldn't do it, Khan couldn't do it, Spence did - NSB at large said Algieri would outbox Spence

Lamont Peterson - 2 division champion, stepped up when nobody else would

All of those guys are/were in their primes when Spence beat them.

It's easy to dismiss wins after the fact, bro.

Fighters who have nothing but knockouts on the record should make you skeptical of the level of competition.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-16-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Boils down to a question.

Where were the guys ranked that Spence beat, when he beat them?

Kell Brook - Top 5 Welterweight, undefeated at the weight class, IBF Champion, Spence beat him ON HIS HOME TURF AND ON HIS TERMS

Shawn Porter - Top 5 Welterweight, WBC Champion

Danny Garcia - Top 5 Welterweight, 2 division champion, former lineal at 140

Mikey Garcia - Undefeated, Top 10 Welterweight (which I disagreed with), 4 division champion, former lineal at 140

That's not even counting:

Chris Algieri - never knocked out, Manny couldn't do it, Khan couldn't do it, Spence did - NSB at large said Algieri would outbox Spence

Lamont Peterson - 2 division champion, stepped up when nobody else would

All of those guys are/were in their primes when Spence beat them.

It's easy to dismiss wins after the fact, bro.
      Kell brook was on a year layoff and had surgery after getting destroyed by golovkin

Porter was champion when he lost to brook who beat him in better fashion

Danny garcia is a good win for a comeback

lmao c'mon he shouldnt even get props for beating a lightweight in mickey. I love how you sugarcoat it by calling him a 4 weight champ though

Really not impressive when you actually look at it.

Comment

The hypocrisy and double standards of these fanboys is humiliating. With a straight face they'll say Mikey Garcia is a legit win but then say Postol was a bum.

Comment

Kell brook was on a year layoff and had surgery after getting destroyed by golovkin

Porter was champion when he lost to brook who beat him in better fashion

Danny garcia is a good win for a comeback

lmao c'mon he shouldnt even get props for beating a lightweight in mickey. I love how you sugarcoat it by calling him a 4 weight champ though

Really not impressive when you actually look at it.
          All you care about is "how did he beat _____?"

You don't care about the CREDENTIALS of X in recent history when he beat them.

That's your problem.

Regardless of what you think, every one of his last four opponents has been top rated opposition in their primes. That's fact - you cannot change it.

Comment

Any fanboy who says Mikey Garcia was a legit win is like a fanboy who says Kelly Brook was a legit win for GGG. You have ZERO credibility

Comment

All you care about is "how did he beat _____?"

You don't care about the CREDENTIALS of X in recent history when he beat them.

That's your problem.

Regardless of what you think, every one of his last four opponents has been top rated opposition in their primes. That's fact - you cannot change it.
              Isn't that something that should be considered? Shouldn't someone as "good" as be critiqued like that? I'm not impressed honestly. Just cause he gets the W isn't enough its how you get it.

Comment

Isn't that something that should be considered? Shouldn't someone as "good" as be critiqued like that? I'm not impressed honestly. Just cause he gets the W isn't enough its how you get it.
                So basically, Edwin Valero is the greatest of all time. Right?

Comment

Real talk

Now, after the fact it seems Spence is being penalized for accepting Mikey Garcia' challenge. Garcia "thought" he detected a weakness in Spence that he could exploit and he called-out Spence . Truth is, had Spence ignored Garcia and instead fought someone else he would then be accused of "ducking" Garcia. I've seen it happen plenty of times.

Comment

So basically, Edwin Valero is the greatest of all time. Right?
                    Yes, exactly.

Comment

Working...
                    X