Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cotto vs Lemieux happening on December 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cotto vs Lemieux happening on December 2?

Is this fight going to happen? Who is Cotto going to fight?

They're saying soon Cotto will chose his opponent. Mikey Garcia and David Lemieux are the two I know of.

Comment

Insane how different those two options are

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
        Insane how different those two options are
        Lol yeah. Mikey really should stop with the weight class jumping. It can backfire in the long run...

Comment

I am sure Cotto will not fight Lemieux. Cotto wants his last fight to be a win. He won't fight a very hard punching dangerous middleweight. His last fight was with a welterweight who lost to Guerrero. Expect his next fight to be with a fighter of about that quality and size. Lemieux is too big to fight below 160 pounds and Cotto would want a catchweight of 155 pounds if he would fight Lemieux which he won't. If Cotto fights Lemieux then I am wrong but I don't think I am. As far as Mikey goes that's a very good lightweight against a very good Jr. middleweight. I think Cotto is way too big for Mikey and would knock Mikey out.

Comment

Cotto will never step into the ring with a hard punching boxer like Lemieux in his last fight at 160. That would be suicide cause Lemieux would take his head off.

Comment

Not with Cotto's likely weight requirements & Davey's inability to lose THAT much weight healthy probably not. It would be a fun fight I think doe if it did get signed so I'm kinda rooting for it if that'll be Cotto's swan song.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                They're saying soon Cotto will chose his opponent. Mikey Garcia and David Lemieux are the two I know of.
                LOL wut wacky f#cking last fight options for a 154 guy. A guy who's fought above 135 once & only at 140 or a 160 guy who can't f#cking get down to 154 probably.

I guess Davey would make some sense if they just throw in some weight penalty & didn't cancel the fight if he comes in over. Make it 155 & make Davey pay $200k per lb over or something. Seems like a 2Mish payday perhaps for Davey so if he comes in at 157.5 he's losing 600k or 1/3ish of his check.

Need to figure sh^t out either way cuz its less then 2 mos til fight night & one guy needs to start weight gaining & the other needs to start weight dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL wut wacky f#cking last fight options for a 154 guy. A guy who's fought above 135 once & only at 140 or a 160 guy who can't f#cking get down to 154 probably.

I guess Davey would make some sense if they just throw in some weight penalty & didn't cancel the fight if he comes in over. Make it 155 & make Davey pay $200k per lb over or something. Seems like a 2Mish payday perhaps for Davey so if he comes in at 157.5 he's losing 600k or 1/3ish of his check.

Need to figure sh^t out either way cuz its less then 2 mos til fight night & one guy needs to start weight gaining & the other needs to start weight dropping.
                  That's a dumb idea for Mikey. 135 would be pretty tough to make after that. I'm good with Cotto-Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Lol yeah. Mikey really should stop with the weight class jumping. It can backfire in the long run...

i dont think Mikey cares about the long run...dude isnt in love with the sport...i wouldn't be surprised if he cashes out after a Cotto payday tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X