Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly Holm UNDERRATED - Showed Sweet Science Pugilist Striking!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly Holm UNDERRATED - Showed Sweet Science Pugilist Striking!!

Let's not forget, Holly Holm is the only cross platform Champion from
    Boxing to MMA. I think if Anne Wolfe, Clarissa Shields, Katie Taylor, or Raquel Miller would make noise in the UFC if they can't get a break in boxing as STARS!

Funny how I mentioned girls huh?

Why didn't Mike Alvarado or Chris Algieri hop to UFC? Alvarado has a good wrestling background, and Algieri is a former Kickboxer..

boxing pays more thats why alot of these figthers dont cross over. Even a bad boxing payday is 100x better than a bad mma payday.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
      boxing pays more thats why alot of these figthers dont cross over. Even a bad boxing payday is 100x better than a bad mma payday.
      Holly Holm Winning Purse : $200,000 ($40,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus, $70,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship).

Ronda Rousey : $150,000 ($100,000 to show, $50,000 Reebok sponsorship)
      Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm Fight Purse Payout
      Fighters Guaranteed Bonus
      Ronda Rousey $100,000 $50,000
      Holly Holm $100,000 $100,000

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Holly Holm Winning Purse : $200,000 ($40,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus, $70,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship).

Yea I don't think the money angle holds true for women. Heather Hardy (20-0 in boxing & 1-0 in MMA) said she made more in her MMA career then in her boxing career already.

And I think if you are low to mid level guy MMA pays better which is most of the guys fighting in MMA & boxing. Now if you are a top ten or P4P discussed type guy I think its a different story & boxing pays better.

Conor is the king of MMA right now & he's rumored to be making $10M+ per fight. And there might be 5 or 6 others making 7 digits per fight & I doubt anyone else is making 8 digits like Conor.

Meanwhile boxing has probably 5 or 6 guys making 8 digits & a two or three dozen making 7 digits in any given year I'd guessimate without thinking too much about it.

Comment

Let's not forget, Holly Holm is the only cross platform Champion from
          Boxing to MMA. I think if Anne Wolfe, Clarissa Shields, Katie Taylor, or Raquel Miller would make noise in the UFC if they can't get a break in boxing as STARS!

Funny how I mentioned girls huh?

Why didn't Mike Alvarado or Chris Algieri hop to UFC? Alvarado has a good wrestling background, and Algieri is a former Kickboxer..
          wrong! it's not that easy. holm is/was a kickboxer first before transitioning into mma/ufc. girl's like anne wolfe, clarissa, etc. are purely boxers.

Comment

If Holm tried that **** on me I'd stick it in her.

Comment

So basically Holms would of only got paid $40,000 if she lost. No secret that MMA fighters don't make as much as boxing but....IMO there is a bigger audience for women in the MMA and more opportunities for sponsorship.

Comment

that was beautiful to watch. what a night

btw, didn't rousey get paid like 3 millions for her last fight? i think i've heard something like that. you don't even have many boxing champions making that kind of money

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  wrong! it's not that easy. holm is/was a kickboxer first before transitioning into mma/ufc. girl's like anne wolfe, clarissa, etc. are purely boxers.
                  IBA Female Junior Welterweight Title (2004-2006, 2010, 2012-2013)
                  WBA Female Welterweight Title (2006-2007)
                  IFBA Junior Middleweight Title (2006-2008)
                  GBU Female Welterweight Title (2007)
                  IFBA Welterweight Title (2007-2008)
                  WBC Welterweight Title (2007-2008)
                  WIBA Welterweight Title (2007-2009)
                  IBA Female Welterweight Title (2007, 2012)
                  IBA Female Junior Middleweight Title (2008)
                  NABF Welterweight Title (2009)
                  WIBA Light Welterweight Title (2010)
                  WBF Welterweight Title (2012)
                  WBF Light Welterweight Title (2012-2013)
                  Honors
                  2005 Albuquerque Sports Hall of Fame "Female Athlete of the Year"
                  2005 Ring Magazine "Female Fighter of the Year"
                  2005 Women Boxing Archive Network "Hottest Rising Star of the Year"
                  2005 Women Boxing Archive Network "Upset of the Year": Holly Holm W 10 Christy Martin
                  2006 IFBA "Fighter of the Year"
                  2006 Ring Magazine "Female Fighter of the Year"
                  2006 Women Boxing Archive Network "Most Improved Boxer of the Year" (along with Hollie Dunaway)
                  2007 Women Boxing Archive Network "Fighter of the Year"
                  2007 Women Boxing Archive Network "Most Improved Boxer of the Year" (along with Eileen Olszewski and Carina Moreno).
                  2008 Women Boxing Archive Network "Highest Achievements of the Year"
                  2009 Women Boxing Archive Network "Most Accomplished of the Year"
                  2010 Women Boxing Archive Network "Fighter of the Year"
                  2011 Women Boxing Archive Network "Fight of the Year": Anne Sophie Mathis KO 7 Holly Holm
                  2012 Women Boxing Archive Network "Biggest Comeback of the Year" (along with Tiffany Junot and Carina Moreno)
                  2012 WBF "Female Fighter of the Year"
                  2013 Inductee to the New Mexico Boxing Hall of Fame

Comment

Working...
                  X