Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you rank toneys hw performances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toney's defense and bodywork were a thing of beauty to see from a heavyweight. When was the last time Wlad even threw a body shot?
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-19-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Toney defense and bodywork were a thing of beauty to see from a heavyweight. When was the last time Wlad even threw a body shot?
      yea,,,,toney was a great fighter. much more multi dimensional than wlad for sure

Comment

Probably why Wlad wouldn't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
          holyfield was being destroyed..the decision to stop it was perfect...go rewatch the fight
          i just rewatched it again. Didn't get destroyed, but was beaten to the punch and looked very tired. Doesn't change the fact that Holyfield could have continued the distance probably on weak legs.

It was a strange moment to throw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Toney's defense and bodywork were a thing of beauty to see from a heavyweight. When was the last time Wlad even threw a body shot?
            He's not the only heavy out there who's completely abandoned bodyshots.

And people wonder why nobody watches the big men slug (hug) it out anymore.

Comment

There are some interesting facts about Toney at heavyweight. During his fight with Rahman Toney actually averaged the same to slightly higher percentage of punches thrown....This was the same time people were put out because of his weight as compared to Rahman who looked like a Greek statue.

Toney has a great chin. No heavyweight has ever dented that chin...unlike Vlad.

Toney is just a great fighter period and is a live dog against any heavyweight.
              Last edited by billeau2; 10-19-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Agreed. I just hope he's retired already.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Probably why Wlad wouldn't fight him.
                  actually its toney that turned down a big money fight with wlad shorty after the peter fight with understandable reason

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Not good,,, toney would have his moments, but toney excels vs guys that are aggressive and come forward like jirov, holy, peter, ruiz etc.. I think wlad would keep him at a distance and jab him to death,, i dont think wlad would ko him, but i think toney is way too flat-footed to cause wlad much problems. Toney would slip the jab on occasion and land a good counter but wouldnt be enough to win,,,
                    I agree with sugar Adamīs assessment

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                      actually its toney that turned down a big money fight with wlad shorty after the peter fight with understandable reason
                      Really? Then what was that stuff all about him saying they wouldn't fight him and calling them "The *****kos"? And what understandable reason would that be? That he didn't look good against Peter or that he would've struggled vs. Wlad?

Comment

Working...
                      X