No announcement yet.

Emmanuel Steward diagnosed with cancer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmanuel Steward diagnosed with cancer

Article is in French. I remember Lampley saying Steward was "under the weather" for the Ward-Dawson bout, never imagined it was because of this. Thoughts and prayers go out to Emmanuel.

Adonis Stevenson will be without his trainer Emanuel Steward for his IBF eliminator super middleweight against Donovan George, Oct. 12 at the Bell Centre.

The legendary American coach and Hall of Fame boxing is achieved by a virulent cancer and is currently based at the hospital to try to combat the disease.

"He is currently hospitalized in the Chicago area and had surgery today (Wednesday) confirmed promoter Yvon Michel. He will undergo chemotherapy in the future. "

This sad news comes at a good time for Stevenson (18-1, 15 KOs), who will be without his experienced mentor to deal with a young hitter in hungry Donovan George (23-2-1, 20 KOs) for the most important battle of his career.

"It happened suddenly. He felt tired recently and thought it was due to the many trips foals, said Yvon Michel. It had to be present for the fight between Julio Cesar Chavez and son Sergio Martinez last Saturday in Las Vegas, but he could not be there for the reason that we know now. "

"Adonis said he was well prepared and still be ready, even if the coach will not be in his corner. Emanuel's nephew and his deputy, Derek Colemon, take care of my boxer in Kronk Gym in Detroit, "he continued.

One is nicknamed "Superman" is still somewhat affected by this harsh reality.

"He lived with Emanuel and watched old videos of fights with him that night, confessed to the President of Groupe Yvon Michel (GYM). His motivation is to show that it has really improved with Emanuel and achieve the best performance of his career. "
    http://www.journaldequebec.com/2012/...eint-du-cancer

wow sad stuff...

Comment

Damn... I just Googled him not too long ago cause in the other thread some guy said "trust me he needs you" or something along those lines and nothing came up. Good find.

My wishes go out to Steward and hope he comes out well.

Comment

Hope he come through this alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
          Damn... I just Googled him not too long ago cause in the other thread some guy said "trust me he needs you" or something along those lines and nothing came up. Good find.

My wishes go out to Steward and hope he comes out well.
          Yea did the same thing.

Get well Manny! you a legend

Comment

Wish him nothing but the best I hope he recovers soon.

Comment

Hope he is able to recover from this.

Comment

sad , hope he beats it

Comment

Steward you can beat this! Get well soon Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerBenz95 View Post
                    Wish him nothing but the best I hope he recovers soon.
                    yep. get better mr.steward.

Comment

Working...
                    X