Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Guy's Bench Press?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just do push-ups man .I can do about all push-ups .Normal , wide , diamond clap , double clap and just about triple clap plus 1 arm Rocky ones and 1 arm elbow in .They're enough to get me pop on my shots .

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      I can do like 295 for a max and am a sexi 5'11 183lbs of pasty goodness.

Yeah not benching makes it hard for you to bench alot and many boxing trainers discourage weight lifting of any kind so most boxers can't bench alot.

Still I think boxing time and time again proves that big bulky muscles means your a better fighter than your skinnier more lanky opponents, see Lacy/Calzaghe.
      You're pretty damn strong for your size.

The max i can bench is 320 pounds, though that is all the plates i have here, i never tried more than that. I did 4 reps and the last one took everything. But i'm a big dude, i know a couple of guys my size who laugh at 320 pounds.

I lift weights only once a week for strenght purpose, i put 280 on the bar, do 4 sets of 5 and thats it for bench pressing. The rest of the week i only do calisthenics and plyometrics. I don't want to bulk up too much so i keep it at that.

I find it hilarious when some gym rats think benching 400 pounds makes them though or something. You can be as strong as you want, but how much you bench won't help you when you take a hard punch right on the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
        That's a ****load of weight.

That's nearing injury type strain.
        Thats a max though, no way am I repping with that.

Comment

I'm 5'10 165. I bench 215 for 10 reps. Do 175 on incline bench for 10.

Working out = t3h 4w3s0m3.

Comment

i use to get up to 325, but sadly i ripped my rotator cuff and am only putting up about 200

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
              i use to get up to 325, but sadly i ripped my rotator cuff and am only putting up about 200
              Yeah that sucks bro. I have a friend who went through the same thing.

His max I think was about 330 at his peak but then his rotator cuffs just got destroyed basically.

I've noticed that 300 is a cutoff point for shoulder problems when it comes to bench. That's why I never max out. All it is just to brag at the risk of serious injury.

I just calculate my max with a bench press calculator and I'm good to go if peeps ask what my max is.

Comment

I've never been good at bench, and my buddy suggested trying this 5 sets of 5, of whatever you can do for that weight.

I was at like 205 about 18 months ago.

And I've been sticking with it, once you can do 5 sets of 5 you go up 5 lbs.. and do that until you can get all 5.

Everyone has their own way of doing it I'm sure but I finally found something that worked for me to get heavier.

I'm doing 5 sets of 5 @ 235 now... My best max was 290lbs. i'd like to hit 300.

Comment

Some of you mother****ers are strong lol.

I mean.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    Some of you mother****ers are strong lol.

I mean.
                    Yeah same thing I thought before I started working out.

It's how it is with everything man.

You put in the time end effort and if your disciplined and motivated enough to see it through it's totally doable.

I'm sure if you started working out you'd put up similar numbers if not more as long as your not some sort of a genetic weakling lol.

Comment

Max 250

work with around 200 or 210 usually(around my weight)

but i really dont even bench that much anymore unless its military or decline

it usually use dumbells for flat bench to strengthen my stabilizers

Comment

Working...
                      X