No announcement yet.

Wake up Mayweather fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up Mayweather fans

Wake up Mayweather fans. You guys are acting like Floyd just beat Marquez worst than Pacquiao and are neglecting that JMM is clearly past his best and has shown signs of being past his best in his fights with Casa, Diaz, that fight just rubber stamped what some of us suspected for a while, he still a good fighter but he is not the fighter he was.

Also Floyd was fighting a 36 year old Featherweight whom fought Pacuiao at his optimum weight or one his more optimum weights "super featherweight " and Floyd came in like a full fledged Light middleweight.

The weight clearly effected his speed and you could tell he looked a bit past it because his reflexes were poor, dont give me this BS about Maywather was making his reflexes look poor, he would of been making them look poor to a degree but not that bad, he was **** slow in that fight.

I keep hearing people say he beat up a LW but Marquez is not a LW he was a Featherweight.
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 09-21-2009, 09:16 AM.

the weight definitely didn't do him justice.. not to mention Mayweather was Jr. MW if not full MW status in there.

Comment

he hasn't even been a fully blown lightweight for long.

Comment

Marquez is a HOF boxer, went life and death with Pacquiao twice and has wins over a bunch of big names. Stop discrediting the victory, you're just proving Floyd's point.

How about this, how about someone actually beats Floyd, then we can talk all the trash we want.

You act like JMM is some sort of old bum. He was the #2 P4P fighter in the world and Floyd treated him like an amatuer. JMM was landing around 10% of his shots, I mean come on.

Comment

SOOO by the logic on these boards Cotto will be getting no credit if he beats Pac in NOV? Pac has fought a drained Dela Hoya and an idiot in Hatton how is he anymore ready to face Cotto then Marquez was Floyd??

No Fans of PBF are really praising it as some huge resume boosting win however the way he dealt with Marquez was great, all tho expected.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
            Marquez is a HOF boxer, went life and death with Pacquiao twice and has wins over a bunch of big names. Stop discrediting the victory, you're just proving Floyd's point.

How about this, how about someone actually beats Floyd, then we can talk all the trash we want.

You act like JMM is some sort of old bum. He was the #2 P4P fighter in the world and Floyd treated him like an amatuer. JMM was landing around 10% of his shots, I mean come on.

He went life and death with Pacquiao at his optimum weight and he has shown signs he was slipping since then, Katsidis was dominating Casa and Cruz got robbed against Casa, Casa was out boxing Marquez at times and Juan Diaz almost nailed him, we just saw how good Juan Diaz is against Malignaggi a guy Hatton dominated.

No one is making him out to be a bum its Mayweather fans thinking it was a great win, ive heard people claim Mayweather is a top 10 ATG after that win.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post

so you gonna just look the otherway on JMM being an overblown FW and give floyd all the credit he deserves in that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                Wake up Mayweather fans. You guys are acting like Floyd just beat Marquez worst than Pacquiao and are neglecting that JMM is clearly past his best and has shown signs of being past his best in his fights with Casa, Diaz, that fight just rubber stamped what some of us suspected for a while, he still a good fighter but he is not the fighter he was.

Also Floyd was fighting a 36 year old Featherweight whom fought Pacuiao at his optimum weight or one his more optimum weights "super featherweight title " and Floyd came in like a full fledged Light middleweight.

The weight clearly effected his speed and you could tell he looked a bit past it because his reflexes were poor, dont give me this BS about Maywather was making his reflexes look poor, he would of been making them look poor to a degree but not that bad, he was **** slow in that fight.

I keep hearing people say he beat up a LW but Marquez is not a LW he was a Featherweight.
                The win wasn't career defining or legacy enhancing... and I think once the fight started it was to shake of any rust in there, but I was just impressed how sharp he was when he came back (even though he was fighting JMM at a weight he wasn't comfortable at), the weight issue didn't help at all... but I think it was clear right there that Floyd was the better overall fighter anyway, obviously though like I said the weigh didn't help though.

But, in your post you said "people are acting like Mayweather beat JMM better than Pacquiao did", well he did... but Pacquiao did fight the better version of JMM to be fair, like Floyd fighting the better version of DLH.

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                the weight definitely didn't do him justice.. not to mention Mayweather was Jr. MW if not full MW status in there.
                How do you know this, I hear they weren't weighed before the fight... so how do you know he weighed so much fight night?

I can understand people thinking he weighed more than usual cause he has had a layoff so he might have had a little additional weight, which might be shed and put him back to normal by his next fight... but I am unsure about you saying he looked like a MW.

He looked a little bigger than usual in some of the build up than he has done before previous fights and stuff but I wouldn't say that much bigger... maybe it was cause JMM was a bit smaller and was lighter at the weigh in anyway so most likely on fight night, maybe he just looked bigger than he was cause he was next to JMM.

Just a thought, I could be wrong, you could be wrong, we both could be wrong... guess whatever we hear could be just rumors.

Comment

He went life and death with Pacquiao at his optimum weight and he has shown signs he was slipping since then, Katsidis was dominating Casa and Cruz got robbed against Casa, Casa was out boxing Marquez at times and Juan Diaz almost nailed him, we just saw how good Juan Diaz is against Malignaggi a guy Hatton dominated.

No one is making him out to be a bum its Mayweather fans thinking it was a great win, ive heard people claim Mayweather is a top 10 ATG after that win.
                  Floyd has finally filled out, his only weakness was his size, now that he's big its a wrap

Comment

Malignaggi is better than Marquez, got it. lol jk

It was a great win, how is it not? He made a HOF fighter look like an amatuer. If Pacquiao had shut out Marquez it would've been the next coming of christ.

Comment

Working...
                    X