No announcement yet.

World Boxing Super Series will be shown on DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Boxing Super Series will be shown on DAZN

The World Boxing Super Series finally has an American broadcast partner. The Perform Group, noting hard-core boxing fans’ desire for an American outlet, has acquired the rights to the second season of tournaments and will show all three eight-man tournaments on its all-sports DAZN subscription streaming service, which launches soon in the U.S., multiple sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN. The WBSS second season will kick off this fall with tournaments in the bantamweight and junior welterweight divisions with a third division to be announced. The WBSS first season had tournaments in the super middleweight and cruiserweight divisions with only a few quarterfinal bouts airing on DirecTV’s Audience Network but with no American outlet for the semifinals or, at least so far, the finals, which take place later this summer. The DAZN deal with the WBSS is separate from its recently announced eight-year, $1 billion deal (only two years guaranteed) with Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn to provide the service with regular boxing shows.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40022288-4

Any Regis Prograis fans will need to check this out.

Comment

More importantly that quote reads the DAZN-Hearn deal is 2 years guaranteed.

That is the first official statement I've seen on that.

Time's ticking already Hearn...

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
        More importantly that quote reads the DAZN-Hearn deal is 2 years guaranteed.

That is the first official statement I've seen on that.

Time's ticking already Hearn...
        Kalle has more cards scheduled with DAZN than Eddie Hearn does already.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Kalle has more cards scheduled with DAZN than Eddie Hearn does already.

True statement.

Hopefully Kalle secured a very nice deal so there are many more seasons of WBSS in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post

True statement.

Hopefully Kalle secured a very nice deal so there are many more seasons of WBSS in the future.
            I'll subscribe. This is what I'll pay for. Fights that I would not normally get to see. I'm not paying $4.99 to watch Crawford on ESPN Plus when he should be fighting on regular ESPN. But these are the type of fights I have no problem paying for.

Comment

Let's see the matchups for the two tournaments, and I'll likely have to inquire about the cost to test-drive DAZN for a little bit, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Let's see the matchups for the two tournaments, and I'll likely have to inquire about the cost to test-drive DAZN for a little bit, tbh.
                I've been hearing $12-$15 per month

Comment

I'll subscribe. This is what I'll pay for. Fights that I would not normally get to see. I'm not paying $4.99 to watch Crawford on ESPN Plus when he should be fighting on regular ESPN. But these are the type of fights I have no problem paying for.
                  I live in Australia where DAZN won't stream and apparently VPNs are blocked

Comment

I've been hearing $12-$15 per month
                    That's asking a lot for the first round of two tournaments, tbh, but let's see what gets confirmed

Comment

Working...
                    X