Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Fast, Die Young: The Life and Times of Harry Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good book. Looking forward to the contextual material about his opponents and the times.

Comment

Hi guys,

My book is finally going to be available for purchase within the next 3 to 15 business. Sorry for the delay. I know I said it would be out two months ago but there were issues with the proofs and I had to go through three seperate revisions. I have now approved the title for publication and it will be up for purchase shortly on sites like Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. In addition to that I will have a limited amount for sale personally if you are interested in a signed copy. I really think you guys will enjoy it. It topped out at 715 pages. As stated before it has over 500 photos, 59 pages of notes and citations, and the most complete record ever published on Greb. There are tons of great stories in here not just about Greb but also about his opponents, contemporaries, and boxing in general during the 1910s and 1920s. Many of the photos and stories have not been published since they first took place. The book is a 7x10 case laminate hard cover and retails for $39.95 (although there may be a small discount from retailers. If that is the case I will match it). Im really pleased with how it turned out and think you guys will be as well. You can keep checking for it to pop up on Amazon but as soon I see it on the site I will bump this thread.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by klompton View Post
        Hi guys,

My book is finally going to be available for purchase within the next 3 to 15 business. Sorry for the delay. I know I said it would be out two months ago but there were issues with the proofs and I had to go through three seperate revisions. I have now approved the title for publication and it will be up for purchase shortly on sites like Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. In addition to that I will have a limited amount for sale personally if you are interested in a signed copy. I really think you guys will enjoy it. It topped out at 715 pages. As stated before it has over 500 photos, 59 pages of notes and citations, and the most complete record ever published on Greb. There are tons of great stories in here not just about Greb but also about his opponents, contemporaries, and boxing in general during the 1910s and 1920s. Many of the photos and stories have not been published since they first took place. The book is a 7x10 case laminate hard cover and retails for $39.95 (although there may be a small discount from retailers. If that is the case I will match it). Im really pleased with how it turned out and think you guys will be as well. You can keep checking for it to pop up on Amazon but as soon I see it on the site I will bump this thread.

Steve
        Sounds great, congratulations. Will it be available on Amazon Kindle?

Comment

Hi guys,

Steve
          Im truly looking forward to this book. Ive been posting on different boxing websites for nearly 15 years and you're the most knowledgeable Greb historian ive come across. I hope your book is a great success!

Comment

I'm going to order this at the same time that I get Mike Tyson's memoir. Just waiting for next payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Sounds great, congratulations. Will it be available on Amazon Kindle?
              Im not sure yet. I have the ability to release it that way but Im going to test the waters first with the hard copy.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Fast-Youn...=9780615805757

Comment

Have that link bookmarked. Just started my new job so I have to wait a little bit until I get a steady flow of cash coming in.

Definitely WILL buy it. I am extremeltly looking forward to reading it because o have always been high on Sugar Ray Robinson reading several books on him and watching his fights but never got the hype around Harry Greg so I hope this will help inform me greatly

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to announce that my book on Greb is finally going to be released in June. It is 697 pages, has 553 photos (several of which have never been published), 1308 footnotes, and an appendix that includes Greb's complete record including amateur bouts, professional bouts, service bouts, and exhibitions. It is the most complete fighting record ever published for Greb and records W/L newspaper decisions based on which way the majority of ringside reports voted (no wire reports have been used which should add to the accuracy of the record). Retail Price is going to be either $39.95 or $44.95 depending on whether the book ends up being printed as either a 6x9 or 7x10. It is the culmination of 11 years of work and I really think fans of boxing and history in general will enjoy it. There is a ton of contextual material on Greb's opponents and what was going on in the sport during his career particularly in the middleweight, light heavyweight, and heavyweight divisions. I will post back here again as the release date gets closer.

Steve
                    Ah, Mr. Klompton, we meet again, haven't seen you in ages, we argued often about some things but I did promise I would read your Greb book when you had it done and I will look forward to it. Must have been a mighty big task given Grebs extremely lengthy career. Congratulations big fella.

Comment

Here is the link to barnes and noble, they beat Amazon and got my photo up first.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/live...=9780615805757

Comment

Working...
                      X