Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Hopkins' slow pace and low work rate end up favoring Jones' potshotting style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Hopkins' slow pace and low work rate end up favoring Jones' potshotting style

What if Hopkins counter-punching, slow paced, low work-rate style just gives Jones more room and comfort to potshot Hopkins to a clear UD?

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
    What if Hopkins counter-punching, slow paced, low work-rate style just gives Jones more room and comfort to potshot Hopkins to a clear UD?
    What happens if Roy can't even hit Hopkins? Hopkins by Brutal Decision win!

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
      What happens if Roy can't even hit Hopkins? Hopkins by Brutal Decision win!
      Hopkins, or Roy have no legs anymore. Both of them will be there to be hit. Difference will be who's style will favor in a slow paced fight, Jones potshotting, or Hopkins counter punching?

If it's going to be a slow paced fight then I have Jones by clear UD. By rounds 3-5 we will tell if it's a slow pace or fast paced fight. I'm telling you potshotters best perform in slow paced fights.

Comment

If it's a fast paced fight, Hopkins dirty tactics like headbutting and all that may come in to play. It's best for Jones if Hopkins tries to make it a chess match.

Comment

If it's a fast paced fight, Hopkins dirty tactics like headbutting and all that may come in to play. It's best for Jones if Hopkins tries to make it a chess match.
          They will come into play, and I'm sure the ref will miss all those fouls.

Comment

Hopkins, or Roy have no legs anymore. Both of them will be there to be hit. Difference will be who's style will favor in a slow paced fight, Jones potshotting, or Hopkins counter punching?

If it's going to be a slow paced fight then I have Jones by clear UD. By rounds 3-5 we will tell if it's a slow pace or fast paced fight. I'm telling you potshotters best perform in slow paced fights.
            Hopkins is far more economical and accurate. This style of fighting favors him far more. He will KO Jones or win by Brutal Decision.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              Hopkins is far more economical and accurate. This style of fighting favors him far more. He will KO Jones or win by Brutal Decision.
              Trust me, you will see if it's a slow paced fight you're going to see the 90s Roy. Lol. Not exactly, but since Hopkins has no legs+if slow fight, Roy who's not the slowest guy out there actually I think he's still top 5 in handspeed, will look young again. None of them have their legs anymore, but one of them still has decent handspeed.

Can't you see it? handspeed, pot shotting, slow paced fight. Roy's handspeed will be obvious from round 1.

Comment

Bernard has better legs than Roy but I think will be cautious cuz of Roy's handspeed...I think Bernard will win due to his workrate being superior...Bernard by UD...

Comment

both are old but handspeed will be the key to this match and that is what roy jones still has even at this point his career. the low workrate of hopkins will be his downfall imho.

Comment

Hopkins is still a p4p caliber fighter though, whereas Roy fights like one but isn't. Unfortunately RJ still does all the things he could get away with at his best without being able to get away with them.

It will be a slow and boring start to the fight, with Roy looking like he has a chance, and then Hopkins will keep finding his mark more and more as the fight goes on. It will be ugly by the end, I think he stops Roy. I really hope I'm wrong, I hope what you are saying happens, but I just don't have any faith in Roy Jones against a top level opponent, which Hopkins still is.

Comment

Working...
                    X