Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrence Crawford "As a black race, we shouldn't have to act ignorant to sell fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen his interview, but I already agree with it.

Just being a hard working humble fighter just doesn't work for African American boxers. They have to entertain somehow. No doubt in my mind that if Crawford was an Anglo American, his story would be spun differently. Anglo Americans just relate on a different level with their own then with African Americans, that's just the truth of it.

Errol Spence having a "boring" personality wouldn't weigh in the balance either. Golovkin has one of the dullest personalities in boxing and sounds and acts like an idiot half of the time. Embarrasses himself with his whole ridiculous "Mexican style" schtick and they just gobble it up.

Comment

Guess I’d have to have to hear or read everything he said because I don’t get what acting ignorant has to do with selling fights or being black

Comment

I don’t know what Crawford is even talking about.

I have been watching boxing for 30 years, and have never seen a black boxer “be ignorant” to sell fights.

Leonard
        Marvin
        Hearns
        Pernell
        Roy
        Toney
        Rahman
        Lennox
        Holyfield
        Bowe
        Mosely
        Floyd
        Forrest
        Judah
        Byrd
        Ward
        Hill
        Mccallum
        Norris
        Nunn
        Joshua
        Wilder
        Etc
        Etc

Never have I seen a black fighter try and be ignorant to sell a fight..

Maybe Broner, but other than that, black fighters say and do nothing different than nonblacks fighters when it comes to hyping a fight.

I have no idea why Crawford thinks this isn’t the case

Comment

attention whores come in all shapes, sizes and skin tones.
          Last edited by Elroy The Great; 06-21-2018, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Being flamboyant and loud isn’t the same as being ignorant

Comment

Fair comments but I don't see how Bud can go on about fighters from other countries just coming over and being themselves after all the nonsense we had from Horn. I like that he's happy to let his skills do the talking but I think that even he knows that the Mayweather-style pantomime makes big money. We don't like it but that's just how it is.

Comment

What floyd did was not ignorant , it was actually really smart. It made him incredible amounts of money and it was ibviously an act. He handles himself with class now that hes retired

Comment

Crawford is 100% correct on this.

Looks at guys like Bradley who made a fortune in boxing from just being a normal, polite, insightful guy.

Then look a chumps like AB and Wilder who are not banking anything by comparison because all their ridiculous ranting and screaming just polarizes fans.

Comment

I've always liked Terence Bud Crawford. He always comes across as a sweet humbled kid. His personality is very reminiscent of that of Joe Louis; Mild-mannered and laid back. May God bless him! I wish him well and all the best as his talent speaks for itself.

Comment

Oh why do I feel like he's taking a direct shot at Broner and Mayweather here?

Comment

Working...
                      X