Collapse
No announcement yet.

I address this to those who think Ward beats Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward couldn't even do this to a heavy bag.

What a masterclass boxing performance.

Comment

Right now Ward would not be Calzaghe, but Ward is still young.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Hes a better fighter than Calzaghe on every level.
        Originally posted by Apache Kid View Post
        ok we get it.

you like black boxers and not white boxers.

boring ****.

this place cracks me up.

Comment

Prime 4 prime, pound 4 pound, Ward beats Calzaghe, get over it. No amount of hype towards Calzaghe is going to change that.

Calzaghe never had a great win and never proved any thing with the few good wins that he had. Ward at the beginning of his career already has a resume a few steps short from the resume that Calzaghe had at the end of his career, he just needs to fight 2 40 year olds . Its all over if Ward adds all the names of the Super Six to his winning resume.

Comment

I agree with both Shadows and Heeb... Is to early to say... You just can't call it now. Is not fair to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              Ward couldn't even do this to a heavy bag.

What a masterclass boxing performance.

LOL, Jeff Lacy was the modern day Allan Green. Green would have beat Vanderpool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
                Ward cannot out box Joe, everyone with eye can see this. Toe to toe Ward has no chance he can't flurry doesn't have the upper body movement nor the output or footwork of Joe. That's a fact any sane boxing fan will tell you.

*BUT*

Some People think he could beat him using his box (1 punch?), grab and maul style right?

Well let me ask you this: if Bernard Hopkins; the master of grab, maul and inside fighting could not maul Calzaghe what proof do anyone have that Ward could?!!?! Unless you're saying Ward is a better inside fighter than Hopkins who is a recognized ATG..........

Lets go one further. if you watch the Hopkins v Calz fight you'll actually notice how Calzaghe - who has never really fought maulers before - superbly nullified Bernard's inside fighting by beating him at his own game and tying his left arm up and tucking his body in making bernards' rabbit punches impossible.

So I have to ask again: Why are people here - and on other forums - saying Ward beats Calzaghe. Styles make fights I've just broken it down for eerbody in this fight HOW can Ward beat Joe!?!?!
                hopkins was in his mid 40s when calzaghe fought him, ward is in his mid 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  Prime 4 prime, pound 4 pound, Ward beats Calzaghe, get over it. No amount of hype towards Calzaghe is going to change that.

Calzaghe never had a great win and never proved any thing with the few good wins that he had. Ward at the beginning of his career already has a resume a few steps short from the resume that Calzaghe had at the end of his career, he just needs to fight 2 40 year olds . Its all over if Ward adds all the names of the Super Six to his winning resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                    LOL, Jeff Lacy was the modern day Allan Green. Green would have beat Vanderpool too.
                    Calzaghe showed how you beat the crap out of someone, Calzaghe threw more combinations in that video than Ward threw all night.

Comment

I think Ward is beating Direll. I think it will be a good fight, with Dirells evasive tactives, to keep some distance from Ward, and probably the best fight out of the tourney. but i got Ward. To many ring smarts. He don't care about "looking good"...he only cares about winning the fight at all costs. But he won't get DQ'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X