Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Like Jazz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how some of the best musicians of all time were either mentally unstable or addicted to hard drugs. :cotdamn:

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
      Funny how some of the best musicians of all time were either mentally unstable or addicted to hard drugs. :cotdamn:
      Geniuses usually are troubled to **** wackjobs. It's said the best music usually comes from pain so it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
        My grandfather is a good man. :grill:
        He a G Jr.

Comment

Jazz is the best musical art form to me.

My favorite dude right now is Charlie Parker. I'm just basically discovering it like you, also.

Chet Barker is smooth, also. I just got done listening to the song Let's get Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel. View Post
            so thats where mangler jr. went

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
              Jazz is the best musical art form to me.

My favorite dude right now is Charlie Parker. I'm just basically discovering it like you, also.

Chet Barker is smooth, also. I just got done listening to the song Let's get Lost.
              Charlie Parker was very good.

I listened to A Love Supreme like a few in this thread recommended, and for the first 10 mins I had a overwhelming urge to give up but I just kept at it and when it finished I had a overwhelming urge to listen to the whole thing again.

Comment

This is one of my favorite songs ever. It reminds me of a time in my life when me and an ex fiancee of mine fell in love with each other:

This is what, to me, Jazz does better than any other music. It captures the very essence of feelings. No other song contains as much feeling as this one has to me.

Naturally, I prefer instrumentals over vocals, anyway.
                Last edited by the traveler; 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                  Charlie Parker was very good.

I listened to A Love Supreme like a few in this thread recommended, and for the first 10 mins I had a overwhelming urge to give up but I just kept at it and when it finished I had a overwhelming urge to listen to the whole thing again.
                  good choice man i love that album.

you should check out some Charles Mingus. dude is gold.

Comment

The show Cowboy Bebop has some amazing jazz in it also.

Comment

Miles ftw.

In GTA 4 id only listen to the jazz station.

Comment

Working...
                      X