Old 01-23-2018, 09:45 AM #81
Up and Comer

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
augustboy will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,057.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rexy_ View Post
but to answer the question, it's Nas. No doubt it's Nas.

Illmatic was the greatest rap album ever made. Illmatic was SO GOOD that he dropped It Was Written (also a classic) and people didnt like it just because it wasn't AS GOOD as Illmatic.

Then consider the fact that the original I Am... album was supposed to be a double album, and it was a highly touted classic (The Source got their hands on the original copy and gave it a 4.5 mic rating) but it got bootlegged so much that Nas removed 2/3 of the tracks and then rerecorded a bunch of filler tracks.

So with that in mind, if his catalogue was Illmatic, It Was Written, I Am... and Stillmatic, like damn. That doesn't even account for Hip Hop is Dead and Life is Good.

When Nas wants to flex on someone, there isn't a human in the world that could eat him. Proof of that is Jay-Z crying live on Hot 107 the day Ether dropped and he heard it the first time.
nas is goat for me too.

my personal fav that first ever got me into hip hop was biggie, im relistening to him again after almost 10 years. 'everyday struggle' such a great song.
augustboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:15 PM #82
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,965.91
No Message - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustboy View Post
nas is goat for me too.

my personal fav that first ever got me into hip hop was biggie, im relistening to him again after almost 10 years. 'everyday struggle' such a great song.
The hook to that is my depression jam. You'd think it would be "Suicidal Thoughts" but nah.

Might just be from taking too many punches to the head, but I could swear i remember hearing an "everyday struggle" remix back in the late 90's with Nas. Don't know if it's for real though lol
_Rexy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:23 PM #83
Up and Comer

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
augustboy will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 6,057.00

Quote:
The hook to that is my depression jam. You'd think it would be "Suicidal Thoughts" but nah.

Might just be from taking too many punches to the head, but I could swear i remember hearing an "everyday struggle" remix back in the late 90's with Nas. Don't know if it's for real though lol
lol i just found out recently that it was biggie's personal fav song from his debut album, it made me really appreciate this track even more
augustboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:27 PM #84
Undisputed Champion

_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustboy View Post
lol i just found out recently that it was biggie's personal fav song from his debut album, it made me really appreciate this track even more
yeah, I can't hate on that. Come to think of it, it's probably my fave off Ready to Die also along with Unbelievable

I also prefer the album version of "one more chance" over the single.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:40 PM #85
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Canelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,451.00
Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ 
Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- 
you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D "White Privilege" Doe LoL - TyphoonFloyd One of the site's good posters - 1bad65 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Lil' Whyte is the current greatest.
Canelo Phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 PM #86
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6541 Post(s)
mlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond reputemlac has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,788.90
No Message - denium No Message - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
lol - denium lol - denium 1 for your collection - Paulie Walnuts #2 for your boyfriend - Paulie Walnuts Beers look cooler than vibrators, don't take my word for it ask a friend. - Scott. Weiland 
No Message - aldo5408 No Message - aldo5408 eat on my man! - Mighty_Windir Cheers - -Freddy- green k bakk 2 u - Tha_Greatest 
Truly knowledgeable - jas Cause it looks cool - Mighty_Windir good luck!!! - Turd Best Ever To get it up for the fat bird lol - BigZ44 Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Paulie Walnuts Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Scott. Weiland Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
Lil' Whyte is the current greatest.
Im happy to say i have no idea who that is.

Rexy u re-listened to OB4CL yet? are u ready to admit its better than illamatic?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
mlac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:20 PM #87
Undisputed Champion

No Message - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlac View Post
Im happy to say i have no idea who that is.

Rexy u re-listened to OB4CL yet? are u ready to admit its better than illamatic?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
I'll never admit that! Best verse on OB4CL was from Nas! Illmatic destroys OB4CL
Old 02-09-2018, 07:06 PM #88
Scarface

Quoted: 4770 Post(s)
*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute*TonyMontana* has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,077.00
Happy Easter, man. Hope you have an awesome weekend. - DionysusX happy father's day - DionysusX You're a pu.ssyslayer. Much respect. - punchr So true... - anthonydavid11 You a good sport:fing02: - -jose- 
Great poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 much respect big brother - punchr :beerchug: - -jose- good for your stinking azz.   :rofl: - Kuyukut 
your azz is too loose so i bought you another one - Kuyukut another one, bud! - Kuyukut one more? - Kuyukut damn, more...? - Kuyukut you ask for it - Kuyukut 
for your wife - Kuyukut ok, ok, for your nose!   :rofl: - Kuyukut this one for your right nostril - Kuyukut for your ear - Kuyukut Because the heart was way too gay. Everything'll be okay, dude. - P.K Dionysus 

Wiley destroys that whole list
*TonyMontana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:28 AM #89
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3721 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 15,919.60
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Don't forget MC Eight for the West Coast heads
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:44 AM #90
Interim Champion

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
WallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of lightWallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of lightWallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of lightWallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of lightWallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of lightWallabeeKing is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 6,774.77

Quote:
I'll never admit that! Best verse on OB4CL was from Nas! Illmatic destroys OB4CL
That was Nas' best verse, even though it's recycled. Foh with destroys OB4CL though.
WallabeeKing is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
greatest, time?

User Tag List