Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Confident He Would Have Beat Up, Defeated Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Confident He Would Have Beat Up, Defeated Golovkin

Former unified super middleweight champion Carl Froch is still very confident that he would beaten Gennady Golovkin - if the two had finalized a deal to fight each other. Froch (33-2, 24 KOs) retired back in 2014, after knocking out George Groves in their anticipated rematch - before a crowd of 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So a natural super-middleweight claims he would beat a natural middleweight. Who would have thought?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      So a natural super-middleweight claims he would beat a natural middleweight. Who would have thought?
      In his defense, at the time everyone was predicting Golovkin would murder him.

Comment

Froch is singing a different tune than what was the case when he was still active... Anyone remember this quote.
        “Just swerve Golovkin like the plague. He punches like a mule. I don’t need to be in with him. Dangerous fight,” Froch, who is in a higher weight division than Golovkin said.

Comment

Froch would have killed golovkin.......

Comment

Not gonna lie , id love to see this fight in Nottingham

Both dudes got heart and toughness with the perfect styles to make a good fight

Count me in, id pay

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              Froch would have killed golovkin.......
              No, he wouldn't have.

Comment

Would have been a great/fun fight...neither guy ever really took a step back in the ring..prime vs prime I think GGG would have been too quick/good vs Froch, even at 168...and yes compared to Froch, GGG looked like Pacman speed-wise, especially in his prime...would have been a war I think, with GGG being the busier fighter/scoring more often, but Froch always dangerous and able to hurt GGG at any time, as their styles left them always willing to take one in order to be in position to land one of their own.

Comment

Damn, so GGG let slide two career defining fights because he wouldn't risk moving up a single division despite being a big puncher and his team's brash talking about facing anyone from 154-168.

Comment

What a clown, anyone can say anything after the fact when there’s no possibility of having to get in the ring and prove it. Golovkin would have knocked him out unconscious within 6 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X