Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After mocking Apple for years, Samsung removes 3.5 mm headphone jack and commercial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] After mocking Apple for years, Samsung removes 3.5 mm headphone jack and commercial

After mocking Apple for years, Samsung removes 3.5 mm headphone jack and their commercial that trolled Apple

3 Comments

In commercials, Samsung trolled Apple for years over the iPhone’s removal of the 3.5 mm headphone jack. Now the South Korean dishwasher maker is following Apple yet again by removing the 3.5 mm headphone jack and has deleted their ads.
    Jake Kanter for Business Insider:
    Samsung unveiled its Note 10 on Wednesday and, as has been widely observed, the phone falls in line with other new devices on the market in that it does not come with a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
    It represents something of a volte-face for the phonemaker, which poked fun at Apple for ditching the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 in 2016. Samsung released a memorable advertisement in November 2017 titled “Growing Up.” It features an iPhone user… [who] ruefully inspects an adapter cable, which enables iPhone users to turn their charging portal into a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
    Fast forward to 2019 and Note 10 customers may need a similar bit of kit to use wired headphones with their device. And as for that “Growing Up” ad, it has disappeared from some of Samsung’s major YouTube channels.
    MacDailyNews Take: Derivative follower Samsung is a garbage company with garbage ethics and, obviously, garbage commercials as that’s where they now reside.
    The Internet is forever, Samsung. Deleting your stupidity from YouTube won’t make it go away.

https://macdailynews.com/2019/08/08/...trolled-apple/

Comment

So are Bluetooth headphones your only option if your phone has no 3.5mm jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
        So are Bluetooth headphones your only option if your phone has no 3.5mm jack?
        No. You can use the USB C port iirc.

Comment

I like Lg phones better than both anyways.

Comment

I'm passing on the Note 10, just like I did the Note 5, really hoping the people speak with their wallets again.

Really disgusting move by Samsung, yet all their recent devices this year have headphone jacks, i'm crossing my fingers and hoping this fails miserably. The Note 10+ is way too big of a phone, to tell us that they didn't have space.

Comment

I have the Note 9 and I won't be upgrading.

Comment

If its close then Ill root for the American company every time.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  If its close then Ill root for the American company every time.

Like you root for google and their products right? 😂

Comment

Will rock my iPhone. 6 till I die. Was gonna upgrade to an x until I found it it had no head phone jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X