Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Tanzler Kept a Corpse Bride for 7 Years in an Actual American Horror Story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Tanzler Kept a Corpse Bride for 7 Years in an Actual American Horror Story

In April 1933, he pulled Elena’s corpse from the grave and rolled it to his house on a toy wagon. He began his new life: casually living, sleeping, dancing, and caring for the corpse of his dead patient like a mortician scorned. Oh, Florida Man. Tanzler went through quite the routine to preserve Elena’s body.

He used coat hangers and wire to keep her skeleton intact. He used silk, towels, and wax to repair the skin as it deteriorated, and macabre glass eyes for the eye sockets. He was able to use the conveniently gifted wig made from Elena’s hair that her mother made and gave to him for her head. This wasn’t enough, though. He starting planning more elaborate preservation methods. At one point, he considered launching her body in an airship to space so that the radiation in the stratosphere could help restore her body. While that plan never came to fruition, he simply doused her corpse in disinfectants, preservatives and perfumes for SEVEN YEARS.

Till death do us part, but not really in this case.

Comment

Comment

Keeping a corpse preserved for 7 years is probably no trivial feat, tbf.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Comment

I had sex with a woman once who had about as much movement as a corpse, so I know how he feels. And No, it wasn't because of a lack of love making abilities on my part, I ASSURE you.

Comment

Working...
          X