Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury Confirms He Is the Man To Beat, Schools AJ On Lineal Champion History!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    I like Fury but his chin in suspect.

If Wilder gets through with2 or 3 bombs I don’t think Fury’s chin can stand it.

I also guess if AJ connects with Fury on the chin it will also get KOd.

Fury strength is his defence, if he avoids large blows he will probably win all his matches by UD on all occasions.
    Fury has an amazing chin. Took Wilders best shots, got up unhurt and dominated the rest of the rounds. Wilder is one of the biggest punchers ever seen in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
      Nobody is more juiced up than your boy AJ. But yeah, Fury is still recognised as the lineal champion by the majority of the boxing industry/media.

It is what it is, if Joshua wants to be known as the best, he'll have to get in the ring and prove it by actually fighting one of the best men in the division, not fat bums like Miller and shot midgets like Povetkin.
      No he isn't, no rankings recognise Fury as lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        No he isn't, no rankings recognise Fury as lineal.
        Who said anything about rankings?

The boxing networks which are more important/followed than bull**** alphabet orgs and they all call Fury the lineal champion. Showtime, ESPN etc.

Comment

Who said anything about rankings?

The boxing networks which are more important/followed than bull**** alphabet orgs and they all call Fury the lineal champion. Showtime, ESPN etc.
          Who's talking about orgs? No independent rankings have Fury as lineal

TBRB
          CBZ
          The Ring
          Even ESPN don't have him lineal.

ESPN rankings.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...ision-division

Comment

Who's talking about orgs? No independent rankings have Fury as lineal

TBRB
            CBZ
            The Ring
            Even ESPN don't have him lineal.

ESPN rankings.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...ision-division
            Any articles from ESPN/Showtime etc will call Fury the lineal champion, I'm on my phone so cba screen grabbing, but happy to do so later

Comment

Any articles from ESPN/Showtime etc will call Fury the lineal champion, I'm on my phone so cba screen grabbing, but happy to do so later
              That's down to the article writers.

Their rankings don't have him lineal. ESPN/Showtime both have an agenda, Showtime called him lineal to promote the Wilder fight, ESPN now promote him. Majority of historians and experts don't recognise him, the history books will say vacated. You keep living in your little hype bubble.

Comment

Ok lets have a look.

Recent article from Ring magazine, refers to Fury as the lineal champ - https://www.******.com/552265-deonta...r-may-or-june/

Recent article from PBC, refers to Fury as the lineal champ - https://www.premierboxingchampions.c...ear-award-2018

Recent article from ESPN, refers to him as the lineal champ - http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...moted-top-rank
                Last edited by denium; 02-23-2019, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Lineage is established (again) when #1 fights #2 if the lineage is vacant. That was established when Klitschko fought Chagaev officially, even though that was bs since Vitali was #2 at the time, but could be argued that lineage was established in a few Wladimir Klitschko fights subsequently.

In any case, Fury's lineage is considered legit, however, it doesn't go very long back. It doesn't go back to john l sullivan like he says. not at all.

Mate, it's right there under 'lineal championship' on Wiki.

In combat sports where champions are decided by a challenge, the lineal championship of a weight class is a world championship title held initially by an undisputed champion and subsequently by a fighter who defeats the reigning champion in a match at that weight class.

Wlad was NEVER undisputed and therefore never lineal. Did he ever get marketed as lineal champion?

Was he considered 'the man'? Yes, but only because Vitali retired. But the man and lineal are, or should be considered separate things IMO.

The true lineal champion will be decided between a fight between AJ and Wilder with all the recognised gold on the line. That's when a new lineage will start just like Marciano to Patterson.

Comment

That's down to the article writers.

Their rankings don't have him lineal. ESPN/Showtime both have an agenda, Showtime called him lineal to promote the Wilder fight, ESPN now promote him. Majority of historians and experts don't recognise him, the history books will say vacated. You keep living in your little hype bubble.
                    The majority of historians and experts are waiting for Joshua to man up and fight the best, then he gets exposed as the overrated weightlifter he actually is.

Comment

The majority of historians and experts are waiting for Joshua to man up and fight the best, then he gets exposed as the overrated weightlifter he actually is.
                      Fury got a good offer from Joshua recently, i didn't see him accept it.

Comment

Working...
                      X