Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Aims To Finalize, Announce Joshua-Parker in Early 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
    Wow that's sucks lol.. Every single fight is $40.. No wonder people use streams. $40 for a good PPV isnt that bad but only good PPV fights should cost PPV money.
    Sometimes here in good 'ol 'fair go' Australia, I have seen the one company that owns the rights (besides Sky-who don't charge for televising fights) 'Main Event' charge punters up to $70 for a Mundine vs a cab driver fight with an undercard featuring wannabe criminals beating up on Thai kickboxers who have been given one weeks notice to fight for $500.

Most licensed premises have stopped televising fights because 'Main Event' charges them about $500-$1000 PER SCREEN.

This company is I believe, owned by Foxtel, News Corp, who scream about regulating content on the net, while out of the corner on the other side of their mouths are bankrolling neo-liberal right wing think tanks to lobby governments for further deregulation.

Now that's Hypocrisy of the highest order. Start charging a fair price for streaming like Netflix, or Optus premier league, and maybe people will stop illegal streaming.

F^*cking C*^ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
      I really don't agree with AJ's promoter low-balling Parker like that, it's both disrespectful and/or a sign that AJ and/or his team do not really want to fight Parker.
      They've already agreed on the split. What you call low-balling is what most people would see as paying Parker his worth... clearly Parker's management feel the same way, else they would not have agreed on it.

Comment

I really don't agree with AJ's promoter low-balling Parker like that, it's both disrespectful and/or a sign that AJ and/or his team do not really want to fight Parker.

I'm a fan of both men, yet Parker has already proven that he will stay busy, travel, and challenge himself.

I'm quite sure he'll still make good bank for this fight which I suspect if it does eventuate, will probably go the distance with Joshua getting the nod.

Parker has been unfairly criticised and the subject of lambasting simply because he hasn't decapitated his last few opponents. So what has he done wrong?
        Low balling? He's about to give Parker the biggest payday of his career by a huge margin. Parker may make more money in this one fight than he will for the rest of his entire career. Plus if Parker wins he gets 55% in the rematch.

Parker has proven himself though. Unlike Wilder he's shown he can do more than just talk and walk the walk. When he fought Takam people said he was being thrown in too deep, too soon. He fought Fury on foreign soil when people were saying he was going to get robbed in the UK. And he proved that he was serious about fighting Joshua by being realistic with his financial demands. Had he stuck with wanting 60/40 or asked for Wilder's ludicrous 50/50 demand the fight would of never happened.

He's failed to capture peoples imagination with his recent fights though. His power now that he has stepped up has vanished and his development as a fighter has stalled due to a poor team around him. Hopefully after he loses to Joshua he gets a decent trainer that can add some new strings to his bow, he's young enough to learn new tricks and come again.

Comment

OK. but I know that Eddie will try to sell this mediocre fight as Ali v Frazier . Get this title and then the fight all but Eddie wants AJ. v Wilder

For PPV it better be a good support or it's a stream fight

Comment

this a hell of a fight in the words of Floyd

Comment

Anthony Joshua is set to take a £13 million purse with Joseph Parker taking £7 million. Kiwi will not make that type of money for a long time. Cheer up I’m sure Joseph is one happy lad.

Comment

I'm a fan of both men, yet Parker has already proven that he will stay busy, travel, and challenge himself.

I'm quite sure he'll still make good bank for this fight which I suspect if it does eventuate, will probably go the distance with Joshua getting the nod.

Parker has been unfairly criticised and the subject of lambasting simply because he hasn't decapitated his last few opponents. So what has he done wrong?
                Lowballing Parker? are you crazy or just dumb?
                Parker's fought Fury in the UK in front of 6k fans for low $$ A total flop
                Now he gets millions and fights AJ in front 70k and you think he's getting low balled GFOH

Comment

Who cares!!!

Comment

If Joshua doesn't fight Wilder after this then I'll pass on his next one. Boxing needs an undisputed world heavyweight champion.

Comment

Weak Joey Parker is not a top ten heavy and is a joke

Weak light punching Kiwi Joey Parker is a joke and not a top ten Heavy. Joshua destroys weak Joey.

Comment

Working...
                      X