Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody thought Sergey Kovalev's punches looked light / weak in Ward rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    Did anybody thought and became surprised by how weak / light Sergey Kovalev's punches appeared to look in his rematch against Andre Ward, compared to his punching power in his previous bouts?

It seemed to me like Kovalev went from being a devastating power puncher / knockout artist to being a feather-fist in a span of a few months. Either that, or Andre Ward's punch resistance improved significantly and exponentially in a span of a few months.

Also, Ward's punching power surprised me just as much too. His punching power appeared to be much higher than what it was in his previous bouts.

Could Sergey Kovalev have been weakened pre-fight chemically? Or could Andre Ward have been chemically enhanced pre-fight?

Who knows?
    SMDH....Stop being a soft twinky cream filled excuse maker. S.O.G. beat the brakes off ya boy & T.Weeks saved kovalev's life. You should be thankful the fight was stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Complacent, and too emotional and was lazy in training. His own ego was his downfall.
      That's how you are trying to discredit Andre huh. More like Andre beat the brakes off kovalev period.

Comment

GGG used his boxing skills against a tough opponent, didn't go for the home run punch and walked Canelo down almost the entire fight. Instead of throwing and missing; which takes more energy, GGG made sure he landed punches. This is why it's called boxing and not a street fight; strategy, pacing onself are part of strategy and a game plan; great fighters have a paln b and c when a doesn't work.

Comment

Kovalev felt he overtraind for the first fight .he was in the boxing gym four hours a day .for the rematch he was only in the gym one hour a day because he didn't want to over train. Maybe two hours would've been the right amount as he was week the second fight

Comment

Kovalev either got old overnight or he didn't train properly because he gassed by the 2nd round. I mean, getting tired by the 2nd round!? What sup with that? Can't explain that one.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              SMDH....Stop being a soft twinky cream filled excuse maker. S.O.G. beat the brakes off ya boy & T.Weeks saved kovalev's life. You should be thankful the fight was stopped.
              False! The bout was close to even at the time of the stoppage with only 2 or 3 rounds at most separating one boxer from the other.

Sergey Kovalev is not my 'boy' and why should I be thankful that the bout was stopped? Why are you again so concerned about Sergey Kovalev's life all of a sudden? What you're claiming is utter speculation in regards to somehow Kovalev being on the verge of death. You've provided no evidence for this whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                I've wondered this about two or three fighters (not lots, but several).

David Price simply looked hugely lethargic in both his bouts against Thompson - really seemed fishy.

Kov looked like a different guy as well. After he won the first fight (he did) and got absolutely robbed, I figured he'd put matters to rest in the rematch, but that wasn't him in there, for whatever reason.
                That's true! It didn't seem like Kovalev's punches had as much weight and force behind them as they did in past bouts. For what reason is unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Throwing punches and not landing takes it out of you. You start holding back because you know you will likely miss. Saw the same thing in the Golovkin-Canelo fight. Golovkin missed all his big punches and resorted to a weak jab just to land.
                  The thing is, Kovalev did land couple of punches accurately but they didn't seem to effect Ward as much as they did in the first bout and as they did to past opponents. Perhaps Andre Ward's punch resistance became significantly better in the span of a few months? Or perhaps Sergey Kovalev's punching power decreased significantly in a span of a few months? Or perhaps it was a combination of both those things? Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                  X