Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    It's easy to be exciting when you're fighting bums. Floyd actually was more exciting when he was facing the same level of opposition.
    Floyd has fought shot, faded opponents: Pacquaio, Mitchell, De La Hoya, G Hernandez, Mosley, etc.

Yet he couldn't knock them out.

And Floyd fought smaller, very weak journeymen like this little bantamweight who never had a single KO before fighting Floyd (1-13, 0 KO):

http://boxrec.com/boxer/4761

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Floyd has fought shot, faded opponents: Pacquaio, Mitchell, De La Hoya, G Hernandez, Mosley, etc.

And Floyd fought smaller, very weak journeymen like this little bantamweight who never had a single KO before fighting Floyd (1-13, 0 KO):

You are pathetic current Mosley would be golovkins best win

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Really? And all the great fighters that moved up in weight were big enough?
        Yeah really. He weighs the same as Canelo on fight night and people think he's going to beat Ward who last fought at light heavyweight. I never said GGG was a great. I often wonder why he's rated so much higher than Kovalev, a guy who really does seem like a great.

People enjoy speculation more than real wins is all I can theorize. There's still some "mystery" about GGG and Cotto blatantly ducking him turned the volume up.

But ultimately this 168 stuff is all because his trainer said he would fight anyone from flyweight to superheavyweight with his hands tied behind his back and you goofs took it seriously. GGG is little and his style is very compact. Even a decent smw like Groves would cause him huge problems with range.
        Last edited by ////; 09-07-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Looooool. Mitchell who happens to be the worst in that list is levels above most of GGG's resume, and he did stop him. I also said exciting. Floyd was more exciting than GGG when he was facing that level of opposition. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            Yeah really. He weighs the same as Canelo on fight night and people think he's going to beat Ward who last fought at light heavyweight. I never said GGG was a great. I often wonder why he's rated so much higher than Kovalev, a guy who really does seem like a great.

People enjoy speculation more than real wins is all I can theorize. There's still some "mystery" about GGG and Cotto blatantly ducking him turned the volume up.

But ultimately this 168 stuff is all because his trainer said he would fight anyone from flyweight to superheavyweight with his hands tied behind his back and you goofs took it seriously. GGG is little and his style is very compact. Even a decent smw like Groves would cause him huge problems with range.
            Cool. You don't appear to be overrating him like most. I misjudged you.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              You are pathetic current Mosley would be golovkins best win
              Murray is Golovkin's best win, I don't think there's any way around it.

Many people had Murray beating Martinez in Argentina but got screwed on the cards and I believe had a knockdown or two stolen from him.

Comment

He hadn't really taken any beatings so he should be good given his style

Comment

GGG has fought the available leading MWs around, the names missing are Martinez, who only had one or 2 fights left in his career by the time GGG started making a name for himself, Cotto straight up doesn't want it and Quillin ducked him for years and is now wanting a 168 run.

He might be able to get Canelo next year and probably someone at SMW but there really aren't any marquee names around for him to fight and who want to fight him.

Comment

Having Martin Murray as your best win makes TS point for him . How many HOF and ATG fighters can you name that had no noteworthy wins at 33? Cuban defectors have better resumes in much shorter periods. Lomachenko is still in his twenties but been pro for just a couple years and arguably has a better resume. All things held constant Zhou Shiming is gonna have a thicker resume than Golovkin in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Having Martin Murray as your best win makes TS point for him . How many HOF and ATG fighters can you name that had no noteworthy wins at 33? Cuban defectors have better resumes in much shorter periods. Lomachenko is still in his twenties but been pro for just a couple years and arguably has a better resume. All things held constant Zhou Shiming is gonna have a thicker resume than Golovkin in no time.
                      Most people aren't his fans just to see him become "P4P #1" that's the media's job. We're just watching because he's entertaining us like most fighters aren't with their 2 fights a year, I don't want to fight a champion in my class because he isn't worth anything.

The way I see it, the dislike Golovkin gets is because he's a media darling who entertains more than their favorite fighter does. I like a lot of guys that have potential to be greater than Golovkin in terms of historical rankings but none of them entertain like he does at all.

Well, Kovalev is actually the really real deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X