Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe can still slap pretty fast! (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
    Well the hate mostly came from the US fans because they only saw him at the end of his career. The guy had mad skills, one of the fastest, most intelligent and adaptive fighters of his generation. He only has himself to blame that he left it so late in his career to really test himself.
    People dont hate him because they saw the end of his career. People hate his fans who passionately and in vain try to argue that he beat a prime Hopkins and a prime Jones. That and the fact that he said that he wanted easy money fights and didnt come over here sooner when Hopkins was still in his physical prime and when Jones was a prime fighter still.

Youre right though he only has himself to blame. His fanboys are what make people dislike him.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      lol he did make hopkins look pretty silly with the white boy comments. . .
      You mean the out of his prime Hopkins who arguably beat him and dropped him on his ass? The guy who he avoided like the plague when he asked for a rematch? That guy?

I dont agree with Hopkins making those stupid comments but Calzaghe looked pretty silly to me when he was on his ass in the 1st round and then when he avoided the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        joe calzaghe got dropped by both of them n!gga's on his ass. he put bernard and roy jones on the corner and said hold still while I viciously slap you. calzaghe is a white gimp he sniffed the coke out of both nostrils and put me on front street I talked all of that **** about never losing my **** virginity to a white boy and calzaghe ended all of that talk he put me to rest
        There you go fixed it for you!

Comment

joe is a hof fighter no doubt. i'd love to see him comeback and see what he can do. problem is where was joe when roy, toney, hop were running **** in their prime. I'll tell you were he was in england fighting the bum of the month. cant blame him he had a pretty sweet deal, knockout bums in front of sold out crowds. never be in any real danger. fact is vegas is where the big fights happen, and if you dont wannna go there to fight the best than you can never be considered an atg. imo he still had enough title defenses to be hof, but cmon, prime rjj stops him in the first round after joe went down. be real.

Comment

I'm a fan and he beat Bernard Hopkins, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
              joe is a hof fighter no doubt. i'd love to see him comeback and see what he can do. problem is where was joe when roy, toney, hop were running **** in their prime. I'll tell you were he was in england fighting the bum of the month. cant blame him he had a pretty sweet deal, knockout bums in front of sold out crowds. never be in any real danger. fact is vegas is where the big fights happen, and if you dont wannna go there to fight the best than you can never be considered an atg. imo he still had enough title defenses to be hof, but cmon, prime rjj stops him in the first round after joe went down. be real.
              Toney was a cruiserweight when Joe won his title

Comment

He was a solid boxer and still looks good working the pads. Fans are still bitter over the way the Jones and Hopkins fights played out (both timeframe and result). To me, I give Joe mad respect for dismantling Lacey and prime Kessler. They were both looking like world beaters coming into the fight, and Joe sent their asses packing.

I don't know about ATG or anything, but he's definitely a HOF'er

Comment

Slap the **** out of Jones Jr. and Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Slap the **** out of Jones Jr. and Hopkins.
                    Yeah he literally slapped!

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      I never understood how or why he punches like that. I just don't get it. He just really throws punches like that. Odd.
                      it's not even legal to throw punches like that in boxing but no one ever seemed to care or admonished him for breaking the rules so he just kept doing it. i guess the refs found it too funny? just a fraud in every possible way.

Comment

Working...
                      X