No announcement yet.

fighters copying other fighters' styles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fighters copying other fighters' styles

As I watch Canelo improve and grow into a more complete fighter I notice that some of his "newer" moves resemble that of Mayweather's. Some of it in the way he moves defensively, but also in the way that he dodges and counters. I know this because Mayweather is one of my favorite fighters and I've watched most of his fights intently. So when I see Canelo picked up some of these moves I can recognize them right away.

Have any of you guys noticed this? Or could I just be imagining it?

We can open this up for more discussion. Which newer generation fighters seem like hey copy or get "influences" from which older fighter?

BTW, I'm not bashing these fighters for doing so. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed.

Nobody does shoulder roll better than Berto..

Comment

Originally posted by vincevaler View Post
      Have any of you guys noticed this? Or could I just be imagining it?
      It's very common for a fighter to take plays out of a book from another fighter that beat them.

Comment

Mayweather has influenced alot of the new aged fighters,,Hell even Manny took from him with his own pull counter that he hit Floyd with

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          Nobody does shoulder roll better than Berto..
          Broner would like a word. Nobody is better at getting popped in the grill and shaking is head "no"

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Broner would like a word. Nobody is better at getting popped in the grill and shaking is head "no"
            Yeah with an ugly smug face...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Mayweather has influenced alot of the new aged fighters,,Hell even Manny took from him with his own pull counter that he hit Floyd with
              Manny hit Floyd with a flush counter a few times but I never saw it as a pull counter.

Comment

He doesn't look like Mayweather much to me. He reminds me of a more explosive B Hop... I saw the Trinidad fight again a couple weeks ago and that's a good example. A lot of James Toney in his game as well...and a ton of Chavez Sr when Chavez would put himself on the ropes or go defensive. Chavez used his defense a lot to stay infront of you buy he'd also box at times and even be comfortable on the ropes, hands down and dodging. People think that a defensive fighter with one arm lower and one higher by the chin is a Floyd thing but it's quite common among counter punchers. There's only a major Floyd resemblence if you don't have the references of these other guys. I even see Wilfredo Benitez in Canelo. A lot.

Remember when Canelo used to have "head movement" issues? Lmao. He showed us.

Comment

Working...
                X