Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Here are two candidates:

What's up with that trilateral commission link?

Comment

Please don't tell us the other story.

Didn't read this one.

Mr. Zeus, related to the old Indo-European god Dyeus whose name probably meant "shine" or "sky". In Greek mythology he was the pinnacle of the Gods.

Now, old Zeus, lets take this literaly, if he was Satan/evil, why did he and his siblings kill the Titans, the evil that wanted to destroy the Gods and harmony and balance in the world? If he was evil, he would bargain with the Titans. That's if we wanted to take the stories of them Gods literaly.

Isn't Hades more fitting anyway? Zeus still rules over Hades, as does 'God' still rule over 'Satan' in the Bible.

Also, the city of Pergamos (you say Peragmum, why? just wondering) served many idols, such as Zeus, Dionysius, Athene and others. It had many temples and altars. But this did not mark it out as Satan’s throne because all the pagan cities in the Roman empire at that time worshipped idols.

It was actualy the prominence of its worship of Aesculapius or Asclepius as saviour, healer and preserver that made Pergamos distinctive in this regard. Not so much the other idols.

Here is a copy & paste :

One animal is especially associated with Asclepius: the snake. Asclepius’ symbol is a serpent-entwined staff (still used in the medical world today). At the dedication of temples to Asclepius, snakes would be encouraged to enter the building. Doubtless, such a ceremony took place in Pergamos too. In honour of Asclepius, a particular type of non-venomous snake was often used in healing rituals. These were called “Asclepian snakes.” They slithered around freely on the floor in dormitories where the sick and injured slept.

What is the Christian analysis of all this? This is devil worship through a false god, Asclepius, symbolized by a snake. In Revelation 12:9, “the great dragon” or “the Devil” or “Satan, which deceiveth the whole world” is also called “that old serpent.” This is a reference to the devil’s use of a snake in Genesis 3 to tempt Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Whereas death and disease came through the devil using a snake, the worshippers of Asclepius ascribed healing and preservation to the serpent. How perverse! How demonic, how Satanic!

So, with that said, i don't beleive you, i liked my 1st comment in this thread better than your boring story, which i didn't read but i know exactly what it's about. Saw that in a forum 3/4 years ago.

Don't let the Devils tail trip you on the way out.....lulz

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
          Please don't tell us the other story.

Didn't read this one.

Mr. Zeus, related to the old Indo-European god Dyeus whose name probably meant "shine" or "sky". In Greek mythology he was the pinnacle of the Gods.

Now, old Zeus, lets take this literaly, if he was Satan/evil, why did he and his siblings kill the Titans, the evil that wanted to destroy the Gods and harmony and balance in the world? If he was evil, he would bargain with the Titans. That's if we wanted to take the stories of them Gods literaly.

Isn't Hades more fitting anyway? Zeus still rules over Hades, as does 'God' still rule over 'Satan' in the Bible.

Also, the city of Pergamos (you say Peragmum, why? just wondering) served many idols, such as Zeus, Dionysius, Athene and others. It had many temples and altars. But this did not mark it out as Satan’s throne because all the pagan cities in the Roman empire at that time worshipped idols.

It was actualy the prominence of its worship of Aesculapius or Asclepius as saviour, healer and preserver that made Pergamos distinctive in this regard. Not so much the other idols.

Here is a copy & paste :

One animal is especially associated with Asclepius: the snake. Asclepius’ symbol is a serpent-entwined staff (still used in the medical world today). At the dedication of temples to Asclepius, snakes would be encouraged to enter the building. Doubtless, such a ceremony took place in Pergamos too. In honour of Asclepius, a particular type of non-venomous snake was often used in healing rituals. These were called “Asclepian snakes.” They slithered around freely on the floor in dormitories where the sick and injured slept.

What is the Christian analysis of all this? This is devil worship through a false god, Asclepius, symbolized by a snake. In Revelation 12:9, “the great dragon” or “the Devil” or “Satan, which deceiveth the whole world” is also called “that old serpent.” This is a reference to the devil’s use of a snake in Genesis 3 to tempt Eve to eat the forbidden fruit. Whereas death and disease came through the devil using a snake, the worshippers of Asclepius ascribed healing and preservation to the serpent. How perverse! How demonic, how Satanic!

So, with that said, i don't beleive you, i liked my 1st comment in this thread better than your boring story, which i didn't read but i know exactly what it's about. Saw that in a forum 3/4 years ago.

Don't let the Devils tail trip you on the way out.....lulz
          Wrong on many levels.

First, they were ALL evil. Zeus, his father, his grandfather, all the way down the line.

They corrupted the whole universe. Everything was affected. Yes, he was worshipped as Dayus in the ancient Indian Rig Vedas. Which goes to prove that he was indeed worshipped all over the world, by all the major cultures. Thus, proving his Kingship over the whole earth.

Pergamum did have many temples of worship. None near the greatness or grandeur of the altar of Zeus.

Asclepius was never proclaimed by anyone as the God of the world, had no major centers of worship like Zeus did, and didn't even have any major temples dedicated to him.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhlash View Post
            Wrong on many levels.

First, they were ALL evil. Zeus, his father, his grandfather, all the way down the line.

They corrupted the whole universe. Everything was affected. Yes, he was worshipped as Dayus in the ancient Indian Rig Vedas. Which goes to prove that he was indeed worshipped all over the world, by all the major cultures. Thus, proving his Kingship over the whole earth.

Pergamum did have many temples of worship. None near the greatness or grandeur of the altar of Zeus.

Asclepius was never proclaimed by anyone as the God of the world, had no major centers of worship like Zeus did, and didn't even have any major temples dedicated to him.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepeion

Asclepeion - The Temple to Asclepius.... I think it's major and dedicated to him?

He wasn't proclaimed by anyone as the God of the World, but when was Satan proclaimed 'God of the World'? Them exact words please.

He is the harbinger/master of lies and deciet. The greatest trick he plays is convince you he isn't the Devil....
            On that 'logic' you thinking you have it figured means you have the craftiest SOB sussed out?

Nope. You'd be beleiving his lies.

I don't beleive any of this btw, mythology. And the Bible is figurative talk, it's telling us about us, thats the only literal part, very clever actually.
            I'm just picking holes.

You say Zeus was evil? Well what was God in the Old Testament? A lovely person? So is he Satan because he enacted some pretty terrible deeds(if you take it literally like an asshole).

I may be wrong on many levels, and i admit it.
            But you are wrong on more level, and i doubt would admit it (if you do here it's because this has prompted you).
            Last edited by RightJab; 09-04-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asclepeion

Asclepeion - The Temple to Asclepius.... I think it's major and dedicated to him?

He wasn't proclaimed by anyone as the God of the World, but when was Satan proclaimed 'God of the World'? Them exact words please.

He is the harbinger/master of lies and deciet. The greatest trick he plays is convince you he isn't the Devil....
              On that 'logic' you thinking you have it figured means you have the craftiest SOB sussed out?

Nope. You'd be beleiving his lies.

I don't beleive any of this btw, mythology. And the Bible is figurative talk, it's telling us about us, thats the only literal part, very clever actually.
              I'm just picking holes.

You say Zeus was evil? Well what was God in the Old Testament? A lovely person?

I may be wrong on many levels, and i admit it.
              But you are wrong on more level, and i doubt would admit it (if you do here it's because this has prompted you).
              No, it's not a major temple. It's just a temple. It's nothing unusual though. Nearly all Greek gods, both major and minor, had temples dedicated to them. He was considered a god of medicine.

Asclepius was the son of Apollo, who is the son of Zeus. Compared to Zeus, Asclepius was an ant.

Zeus was proclaimed the God of the world after he won the two greatest battles ever fought. He took control and then maintained it.

The God of the Old Testament was the God of the ancient Israelites but he was not their original god.

The original god of the ancient israelites was El. This is where the name of israel originates from. IS RA EL.

Comment

Heaven and Hell is figurate and descriptive in the context of the Bible.

No religious text is literal, you take their rhetoric and apply it to life. It's lessons, guidance.

Likely, the Kingdom of Heaven is our Conciousness. And Hell, thats our hearts/bodies, our vessel in this world. Mental/Physical. Two sides of one coin.

The 1st organ/body part to develop in the womb is the Heart, out of the Heart develops the Tongue (like a serphant) then the rest of the body follows. Theres a clue, science helped us determine that. (Science will help us understand the origins of religion, if we choose to look at it correctly).

This reality/universe/us/what we create, there is so much temptation, so many things that can harm us, but our hearts make us cave in to them, our minds know better, "i know i shouldn't smoke this" - then you light the cigarette anyway. Thats a mundane example but will do.

You want to go fuk someone up, your mind, you know you shouldn't do it, but emotion (your heart) dictates you're gonna go fuk that person up anyway.

Now, heart and mind, ying and yang. Good deeds, bad deeds. We are all both.

Our conciousness is Heaven, why do you think in all of history the sides of our foreheads are called the TEMPLE?

One our emotions are pressed, thats when bad decisions are made, or even good ones. Good in the kingdom of evil/temptation.

We have evil thoughts too, evil (hell) in the kingdom of good (heaven).

Ying and Yang, as above, so below. Everywhere.

No one person is the Devil you crazy fool. He resides within all of us, as does what we call God.

Think about that before you write a load of **** you found on a conspiracy forum that i've probably already read OP. Kunt....
                Great insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                  Great insight.
                  It's completely wrong though. Both Heaven and Hell are very literal places. Nothing figurative about it.

Comment

That is a major temple site, it's not fitting your story so you're dismissing it i feel.

Yes Isrealites came from Egypt(RA) and worshiped Elohim(EL) cool story. (I think Elohim is a Catholic name, but Christianity is essentially an offshoot of ancient Judaism)

Back to Satan. Zeus isn't Satan. Satan, God - Neither are one entity, all part of the same thing, the singularity. That doesn't mean there is no God or Satan, they're very real, we witness them each day, in plain sight.

I think you're maybe reading too much into pretend family trees, the stories and feats of them Gods where implemented to learn from, they're stories to gather moral fibre and guidance from. Humans tell stories to teach. We're very good at it. Our minds cast them, what is the mind the kingdom of again?

Them great battles Zeus had....That is going on in his mind, it's the inner quarrel of man. Why do people take these stories so literally? There is no balance in doing that...... The scales won't give you a correct answer while they are not balanced to start with, catch my drift?

I think you know a lot, but it's the wrong material that you know. Did you start your hunt for Satan at Egypt, Babylonia or go straight to Greek Mythology?

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhlash View Post
                      It's completely wrong though. Both Heaven and Hell are very literal places. Nothing figurative about it.
                      Yes, Heaven and Hell are literal, WHEN WE APPLY THEM IN OUR ACTIONS AND THOUGHTS.

Heaven is positive, Hell is negative.

Heaven and hell are part of the same Atom. Positive charge and negative charge. As above, so below.

The bible is on about science. I'm not mad, it's just common sense.

ATOM & EVOLUTION.

ADAM & EVE.

Eve was made from Adams rib, EVEolution came from the Atom.

Can't have one without the other, like positive and negative charges of the Atom....... Heaven and Hell always was/is. Not how you think though good sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X