Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Jack Was Strong, Broke My Nose and It Was Downhill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Liam Smith, Liam Walsh, Kell Brook, and now Cleverly! They didn't just lose, they got bullied!

Smith, Walsh, and Clev are not seen as the best of British fighters by fight fans in Britain, they are not really world class to be brutally honest and just picked up belts or in Walsh's case got a shot at one through their promoters working it well for them.
    there are lot's of British fighters who are world class and hold their own and win at the top level - Degale, Selby, Frampton, now Joshua, recently Froch, Calzaghe. Those guys are actually the real best of British.

Brook get's unfair hate, he is a world class welter - I think Spence jr is better than Thurman, and now Floyd has retired will go on to be number one at welter. Spence admitted that brook was rocking him with his power in the first half of their fight, and brook was definitely winning at the half way point. Losing to Spence in an exciting fight isn't the failure a lot of people on here are making it out to be.

Clev over achieved in picking up two belts tbh. He started out believing he was the next Calzaghe, but apart from fitness and bravery, he was very limited.

Comment

That fight could have changed because clev always takes a lot of punches, he's not exactly slick or a back foot guy he likes to wear guys down.

Comment

Fonfara fight took a lot out of him, was an absolute war. The same could be said for Fonfara himself too. Taking punishment isn't cool and those type of fights will always shorten your career. You saw it with guys like Tim Bradley retiring early because of that Ruslan fight.
        Last edited by Shams627; 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Damn he really is beating up Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Weak response, Jack's skill set is very evident and has been displayed in all of his fights. He seems to be getting better every time out
            Getting better so a draw in your last two fights means your improving"peeleft:

Comment

jacks a quality fighter,i said it was going to be uncompetitive when people were praising it as a great undercard fighter, theres levels to this as in jacks legit world class whereas cleverly never has been. no need for cleverly to retire though, just needs to accept hes not going to be able to mix it with the true elite of the division.

Comment

Tough guy with huge stamina and heart!

Glad he hung up his gloves!

World champ, Gave Kovalev his chance an even tested himself by moving up and produced a classic with Fonfara and then gave Badou Jack a shot and went to Vegas...much better career than his abilities showed!

Old school type of fighter,no quit in him, no ducking and willing to test his might!

Thanks for everything Clev!

Badou Jack seems to be improving in every fight, he's picking his shots better and better and his guard is even tighter!

Hopefully he takes Stevenson's belt if Chickenson peeks under his bed!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Getting better so a draw in your last two fights means your improving"peeleft:
                  If you really, really think those fights were a draw then I do not know what to tell you

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                    Smith, Walsh, and Clev are not seen as the best of British fighters by fight fans in Britain, they are not really world class to be brutally honest and just picked up belts or in Walsh's case got a shot at one through their promoters working it well for them.
                    there are lot's of British fighters who are world class and hold their own and win at the top level - Degale, Selby, Frampton, now Joshua, recently Froch, Calzaghe. Those guys are actually the real best of British.

Brook get's unfair hate, he is a world class welter - I think Spence jr is better than Thurman, and now Floyd has retired will go on to be number one at welter. Spence admitted that brook was rocking him with his power in the first half of their fight, and brook was definitely winning at the half way point. Losing to Spence in an exciting fight isn't the failure a lot of people on here are making it out to be.

Clev over achieved in picking up two belts tbh. He started out believing he was the next Calzaghe, but apart from fitness and bravery, he was very limited.
                    Brook has gotten more respect losing to GGG and Spence Jr., than he did from any of his previous fights! Brook is world class, but Spence Jr. still bullied him to the body and snatched his will! I'll give him an "L" for effort! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                      Tough guy with huge stamina and heart!

Glad he hung up his gloves!

World champ, Gave Kovalev his chance an even tested himself by moving up and produced a classic with Fonfara and then gave Badou Jack a shot and went to Vegas...much better career than his abilities showed!

Old school type of fighter,no quit in him, no ducking and willing to test his might!

Thanks for everything Clev!

Badou Jack seems to be improving in every fight, he's picking his shots better and better and his guard is even tighter!

Hopefully he takes Stevenson's belt if Chickenson peeks under his bed!
                      Look what I've found on Adonis Stevenson face*book page:

Congrats Badou Jack, now that you have a belt we can finally talk business Andre Ward is making his princess on his side. So before the Undisputed day come to fruition, we can make it, I'm all about getting more belts.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Adonissuper...82366275176515

*I wonder why Andre Ward's still not responding?

Comment

Working...
                      X