Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev held 54 times..where is the uproar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop reaching to justify the decision. It makes you look less than intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
      Ward always initiated the holding by ducking low and tackling Kovalev at the waistline level. Kovalev responded by either headlocking Ward or resting his forearm on the back of Ward's neck. There was one time when Kovalev even raised his arms to show the ref he wasn't the one initiating the holding/headlocking, yet Ward kept grabbing on.
      I never said Ward wasnt holding as well..just pointing out it went both ways..Kovalev did not want the fight on the inside at all..he either grabbed or pushed Ward off.. I am not complaining as that was a smart tactic by Kovalev

Comment

There's a difference between "holding" & "clinching" and I doubt many here now that!
        In close Koval did NOTHING to break the tie ups and did NOTHING when his hands were free.
        You saw a one dimensional fighter who knows better but resorted
        back to his Euro Style when he felt the big moment!!!!
        This is what happens when your the "champ" but you've fought ..
        NO ONE! I like Koval and I'd expect him to get back to boxing and throwing multiple punches in the rematch. This guy needs to get into championship condition and pressure Ward for 12 rounds because Ward has the experience to BS Koval into being a follower instead of a leader.
        I was disappointed in his conditioning and their game plan was horrible or he just couldn't carry it out!

As I've said before many times these guys are this era's best but when you think of great light heavies you will NOT think of them!
        Did you notice that Koval was mentally fatigued but he wasn't physically drained? Because he didn't put his ballz down. He let Ward dictate the pace and he applied BS pressure!
        It was still close but the people crying you need to "take the belts" don't realize thats when the champ is actually fighting hard, Koval didn't do that.

They should get back in the ring by mid Feb. why delay it!

Ray

Comment

I mean what else is he supposed to do when Ward is shooting for a double-leg takedown?

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Ward low blowed blatantly 6 times in 3 different rounds. He elbowed 3 times in 2 different rounds. Rabbit punch count was at 5
            I never said he did nothing wrong

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
              Where are the same fans who said Floyd held to much and that Ward was the one who would be holding??
              It takes two to tango. In other words, they were holding each other, most of the time.

Comment

It was the dumb referee that jacked everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                  I never said Ward wasnt holding as well..just pointing out it went both ways..Kovalev did not want the fight on the inside at all..he either grabbed or pushed Ward off.. I am not complaining as that was a smart tactic by Kovalev
                  Because he didn't want to get headbutt on the inside

Comment

Almost every single one of those was Ward wrapping his arms around Sergey's torso then Sergey reacting by putting him in a headlock to keep his head down as they came together. Barely any of them were initiated by Sergey. Just a few times after he got hit.

Just watch the first one very slowly and you don't need to watch the rest of the clip. Andre lunges in, wraps arms around, and Kovalev reacts by holding him down.

What's the point of being so dishonest if the clip is right there to see?
                    Last edited by ////; 11-25-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

When Ward holds it's clinching and clamping, when Kovalev holds it's NEUTRALISING.....

Lool I guess Wladimir Klitschko neutralises then

Comment

Working...
                      X