Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward was Exciting and clean against Froch, and I expect him to fight clean in Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward was Exciting and clean against Froch, and I expect him to fight clean in Kovalev

Froch vs Andre Ward was one of the better bouts I've seen from him. A Good Ole Schooling, showing the definite and superior skills against an inferior fighter.

He should fight Clean against Kovalev and school him like he did against Froch so that he would be recognized among the Casuals. We can't have an another Mayweather/Pac episode.

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Froch vs Andre Ward was one of the better bouts I've seen from him. A Good Ole Schooling, showing the definite and superior skills against an inferior fighter.

He should fight Clean against Kovalev and school him like he did against Froch so that he would be recognized among the Casuals. We can't have an another Mayweather/Pac episode.
    I'm excited for the fight and all but this isn't a fight that I would use to try and lure in new boxing fans. The story of this fight will probably be Ward using his boxing to negate Kov. Something a lot of us will find beauty in, but the casual won't enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      I'm excited for the fight and all but this isn't a fight that I would use to try and lure in new boxing fans. The story of this fight will probably be Ward using his boxing to negate Kov. Something a lot of us will find beauty in, but the casual won't enjoy it.
      Yep,Probably a lot of faiths and go to inside,Fighting with Kova on distance would be brave but risky,Ward can out box him inside and imo he will try to do it.

Comment

Ward was cryptonite to Froch. I believe Kovalev will do better, but we'll see. Can't wait for this one.

Comment

Ward might fight clean but I doubt he schools Kovalev who is a giant step up from Froch in both skill and power.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Ward might fight clean but I doubt he schools Kovalev who is a giant step up from Froch in both skill and power.
            People over-state the power difference, acting as if Ward isn't moving up an entire weight class. Yes, Kovalev is more powerful in a lb per lb sense. But, that was a 168lb Ward fighting a 168lb fighter, and a VERY strong one at that. He is a larger man coming into the Kovalev fight.

Comment

one round into the fight Froch knew it was over, all the confidence and swagger was out of him and he was frustrated as hell.

I'm wondering if Kovalev will be the same way once he gets in there with Andre. We'll see.

Comment

In order to "school" Kovalev he needs to get inside and clinch a lot. In order to do both you need to be stronger than the opponent to tire them out. One of the interesting subplots in this fight is whether or not Ward has the muscle to do that to a legit LHW. Barrera was slow as molasses and he didn't have to get inside much.

Ward's strength&durability vs. Kovalev's balance are the deciding factors IMO.

Comment

hardly a schooling, 115-113 on two cards. was a close fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    hardly a schooling, 115-113 on two cards. was a close fight
                    Exactly, close competitive fight. Kovalev would destroy Froch, same as GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X