Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you miss Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will, he was an entertaining fighter! His fight against Ortiz made me a fan long before his matches with Broner or Mayweather. Maidana had his flaws but he was always must see TV. Hope his retirement is permanent and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      It looked like Maidana was winning the fight when he wasn't being bear hugged.
      Naa, it didn't. It looked like Maidana was being easily outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiens View Post
        And Alexander fought a Soto Karass who had already been stopped by Maidana and Thurman and Alexander still struggled.
        Struggled? He won a wide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
          Yeah he did. I asked a question. Your debating style and emotion suggest you are of an immature age. Alexander beat Maidana in 2012. He fought Soto Karass more than two years later when he was on the downslide. Clearly not the same fighter he was two years prior. Once again, we aren't talking about Floyd, Khan or Bradley. I am not even a Alexander guy. We are talking about Chino, and I mentioned how Alexander easily beat him. Chino is a likable boxer, has a ton of heart. He is somewhat limited though, and not all that good in my opinion. You are all over the place with your post.
          The one who is all over the place is you. He brings up valid arguments and points, the progress Maidana made under Garcia is very evident in his later fights, your feeble attempts at discrediting his legacy and making him appear like some face first brawler and ignoring his technical prowess and slick, elusive style are disrespectful and irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            The one who is all over the place is you. He brings up valid arguments and points, the progress Maidana made under Garcia is very evident in his later fights, your feeble attempts at discrediting his legacy and making him appear like some face first brawler and ignoring his technical prowess and slick, elusive style are disrespectful and irresponsible.
            Maidana beat no one, while under Garcia's tutelage, that he wouldn't have beaten pre Garcia. Your love for a crude punching brawler, who lost easily to Devon Alexander, and ran from Keith Thurman is evident by the manner in which you make Maidana out to be more than he was. I never said he wasn't a fan friendly fighter, I never said he didn't have a chin or power. Maidana's claim to fame though is over achieving in losing wide twice to Floyd Mayweather. In fact, Mayweather was so comfortable in the ring with the slow crude punching Maidana, that he fought him twice, because Maidana was easier money, than one of the younger, more athletic guys like Brook or Thurman.
            Last edited by The Akbar One; 01-30-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I thought Maidana was done after losing to Alexander, so all the awesome stuff he did after that was a bonus. Happy trails, Chino.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Sure but lets be honest here, what was his last good win?

Victor Ortiz? Adrien Broner?

#truthbombs
                Is Adrien Broner not a good win or something?
                I'd give him more credit for making Mayweather work in their first fight than for beating Ortiz.

Comment

Hell yeah. Dude was a warrior with just the right amount of vulnerability to make even lower level fights interesting. Guts, passion, hellacious punching power and an all action style. What's not to love really?

He's exiting the game with a lot more to give (in physical terms). Can't blame him for his decision, but yeah, I'll miss him.

Comment

Working...
                  X