No announcement yet.

Best workout for abs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best workout for abs?

I'm not fat at all. Id say somewhere between 160-165. I got abs a couple of years ago when I was in a swimming school but they are sort of gone now. What is the best workout for abs?

start swimming again?

Comment

Just do whatever Juan Diaz does.

Comment

go swimming with juan diaz

Comment

what a thread

Comment

leg raises

Comment

lay on your back then then curl your legs up so your in the same position if you were kneeling but your laying on your back then straighten out your legs so they are close to the ground but not touching then bing them back to the kneeling position for one rep

leg raises are best with bent legs. with your legs straight you activate more of the legs and not the lower abs. bend your legs to almost a 45 degree angle and do your leg raises. to make sure your doing them correctly i recommend you point your toes out and when your feet come down make sure to only touch the tips of your toes to the ground.

obleaques are obleaques do them how you want. i lay on my back and touc the ground to my side with my opposite palm making sure both shoulders are raised off the ground.

full sit ups to touch your toes. i do sit ups where i am laying flat on the ground and have my hands extended above my head. i then come up for a situp and proceed to touch my toes. this helps work the entire range of motion as well with the arms raised it makes it difficult as well with the arms raised it works the intercostals and the serratus anterior and touching your toes helps you stretch.

last are quick sit ups.i have my legs slightly raised and arms pointed out infront of me to to help with the sit up. i pull my legs in as i do the situp helping to do the situps quickly. i pretty much just raise my back off the ground then lower it going from bad posture to straight good posture with my back off the ground at the peak of the situp.

i dont tuck my toes under anything for any of the situps.

so i do 10 kneel straighten things followed by 10 leg raises followed by 20 obleaques followed by 10 full touch your toes sit ups followed by 10 fast full situps all with out any breaks inbetween.

the order is very important as you work the lower abs first then continue to work the rest of the abs insuring the lower abs arnt neglected as well the 10 quick ones at the end are there to really rip everything up and make you feel the pain through the entire muscle and if placed elsewhere they might tire you out forcing you to take a small break inorder to finish the 60.

ill do about 2-3 sets of the 60 every day.

also some times after im done to stretch ill lay on my stomach and do sort of a back bend with my upper body ill lean on my elbows and stretch out my ribs and abs and work the serratus posterior and intercoastals a little.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-02-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Push away from the table & walk away from the fridge... Best exercises ever...

Comment

Pull ups and hanging leg raises are two best ab exercises if you dont have the equipment. Obviously squats and deadlifts are my favs for abs.

Comment

Originally posted by *!#@PBRick@#!* View Post
                    Push away from the table & walk away from the fridge... Best exercises ever...
                    This. Visible abs have more to do with BF% than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X