Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marciano vs Frazier: Who had the better chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marciano had the better chin but it is true that frasier faced foreman one of the worst fighters fo a swarmer to face and one of the hardest punchers if maricano faced foreman i would expect it to go a similar way. Frasiers chin may not have been as tought but he had so much more heart than any boxer in hisotry! he would never quit thats what makes him great IMO

Comment

Well its tough to say who had the better chin, I mean Rocky for one had a very very underrated defense, I mean even Ali in their "computer fight" told Dundee that Marciano was very hard to hit so it was very tough to get a clean punch on Rocky. Rocky faced some good punchers though like Jersey Joe Walcott and Archie Moore (who has 132 KOs on his record btw), and I saw Rocky take shots from these guys that would have KOed any other man. On the other hand, Joe Frazier took some very serious shots against a fighter in Foreman, that even great punchers like Jack Dempsey and Joe Louis said they had never seen a fighter being as strong as, so you would have to sort of give Frazier the edge in that regard. However, who knows how Rocky would have handled George's power either, although I suspect Rocky's style would have been difficult to beat George, but who knows. With all that said, I would probably call it even.

Comment

people think marciano faced feather fisted fighters..........jersey joe walcott, joe louis, archie moore, rex layne, big bill wilson, carmine vingo were all very hard punchers rocky faced.

louis was still heavy handed and big 215lb.....he could still wack. check out his one punch KO of the very durable lee savold in 1951.

Comment

marciano had the better chin. he was never knocked down by a michael bruce.

in fact marciano was never knocked down in his first 42 fights

Comment

Frazier IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
              marciano had the better chin. he was never knocked down by a michael bruce.

in fact marciano was never knocked down in his first 42 fights
              Archie Moore knocked down Marciano. Off-balance or not, he sent him down. Joe Frazier walked through Bob Foster's punches like they were nothing. Bob Foster punches harder than Moore.

Comment

I'd have to say Marciano, I've seen him take so much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
                  marciano had the better chin but it is true that frasier faced foreman one of the worst fighters fo a swarmer to face and one of the hardest punchers if maricano faced foreman i would expect it to go a similar way. Frasiers chin may not have been as tought but he had so much more heart than any boxer in hisotry! he would never quit thats what makes him great IMO
                  good post...Frazier's heart was big, just look at how he kept getting back up after being knocked down by George...and agree, Marciano never faced a puncher like Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
                    Archie Moore knocked down Marciano. Off-balance or not, he sent him down. Joe Frazier walked through Bob Foster's punches like they were nothing. Bob Foster punches harder than Moore.
                    archie moore had more knockouts than anyone i history!!

Comment

When it comes to the Archie Moore thing, he was a great boxer, and it really didn't have much do with his punching power he just knocked down Rocky by outboxing him. But come on Marciano was only knocked down a couple of times in his whole career. Don't get me wrong I love Frazier though, I think both of them had good chins and a lot of heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X