• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your as old as you feel.
    No need to put a number on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      An astronaut who has spent significant time in space would actually have a legitimate claim for this. Due to special relativity, someone who spends several months in orbit around Earth would age slower than they would on Earth. It would be so insignificant for the space travels any astronaut has done up to now though, that unless shaving two minutes off of their age could somehow help them, there would be no reason to try and get their age legally changed.

But if an astronaut someday goes on a deep space mission, there could be some strange legal stuff going on with their age. In that case, time dilation could account for on the order of years difference in their age.
      Julia what your saying doesnt make sense.
      Are you who I think you are???

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        Julia what your saying doesnt make sense.
        Are you who I think you are???

It doesn't make sense because you aren't familiar with special relativity. If you read about the Twin Paradox you'll see what I'm saying.

Comment

It doesn't make sense because you aren't familiar with special relativity. If you read about the Twin Paradox you'll see what I'm saying.

Little to do with space, more to do with speed of travel.

And the tiny fractions of time difference from being just up in space is to with general relativity, not special.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Your as old as you feel.
            No need to put a number on it.

So you would date mature ten year olds?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Little to do with space, more to do with speed of travel.

And the tiny fractions of time difference from being just up in space is to with general relativity, not special.

Wrong, it has to do with special relativity. Time dilation, mass & length etc are part of special relativity.

And yeah, speed has everything to do with it. And high speeds are always associated with space travel so the two go hand it hand.

Comment

Wrong, it has to do with special relativity. Time dilation, mass & length etc are part of special relativity.

And yeah, speed has everything to do with it. And high speeds are always associated with space travel so the two go hand it hand.
                Do you know what special relativity is?

And do you know why time moves faster in orbit?

Nothing in special relativity that explains that.
                But general relativity does.

You clearly don't know the difference

Comment

This is the box you open when you start making laws and giving rights for mentally ill people

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Do you know what special relativity is?

And do you know why time moves faster in orbit?

Nothing in special relativity that explains that.
                    But general relativity does.

You clearly don't know the difference
                    You clearly haven't studied special relativity. There is a factor (gamma) that depends on the speed of a body relative to the speed of light, and this gamma is the factor by which time, length, mass, etc is multiplied to give the dilated/contracted value. This is all outlined by special relativity, which you clearly have not studied.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                      I identify as a 70 year old. I demand social security checks and sponge baths from 20 year old nurses.

Comment

Working...
                      X