Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I remember all that talk before Canelo fought Golovkin

I remember EVERYTHING

it appears that you have found a clue, realized that I was right all along... and are attempting to distance yourself from the far left golov-nutters... not distancing yourself too far mind you, and not revoking his lifetime free pass... just distancing yourself a little

just saying

I remember everything, you made made a shltload of excuses for Golovkin buddy

I still have that 309 page thread bookmarked, and others... so don't make me do it

all I am saying is this...

hold a grown man responsible for HIS OWN decisions... stop making silly excuses
    Far left GGG fans?

But I thought we were supposed to be extreme right wing white supremacists?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I remember all that talk before Canelo fought Golovkin

I remember EVERYTHING

it appears that you have found a clue, realized that I was right all along... and are attempting to distance yourself from the far left golov-nutters... not distancing yourself too far mind you, and not revoking his lifetime free pass... just distancing yourself a little

just saying

I remember everything, you made made a shltload of excuses for Golovkin buddy

I still have that 309 page thread bookmarked, and others... so don't make me do it

all I am saying is this...

hold a grown man responsible for HIS OWN decisions... stop making silly excuses

Do what you want, man, just ended up typing a 20 minute reply then remembered exactly how pointless talking to you is so deleted it. More fool me, I guess.

You are quite literally not worth the time it takes to reply to, but Ima withold putting you on MUTE a while longer. Kinda a New Years resolution thing.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-20-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

And still, prime Canelo hardly beat past prime GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Far left GGG fans?

But I thought we were supposed to be extreme right wing white supremacists?

extreme left-wing excuse-making golov-fruitcakes

apparently your buddy now has a clue, but he still keeps making excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Do what you want, man, just ended up typing a 20 minute reply then remembered exactly how pointless talking to you is so deleted it. More fool me, I guess.

You are quite literally not worth the time it takes to reply to, but Ima withold putting you on MUTE a while longer. Kinda a New Years resolution thing.
            I've done this before many times

The thing is I'm not even a Golovkin fan but its hard to read some of the nonsense being written in this thread to discredit him but I know better than to get into a debate with these guys.

It is hilarious that they think they are the ones speaking sense whilst Golovkin fans are far right/left extremists that are supporting a talentless fraud who avoided challenges and waited for fighters to vacate belts so he could be elevated to champion status.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
              Canelo was crushing Cans till his 34 FIGHT in which he fought and over the hill baldomir.... Gets clowned by Mayweather, gifted a decision over Lara, can't KO a past prime Cotto (while Pac Koed him in his prime).

Needed PED's to get a draw with GGG, aged him even further and got gifted a win in the rematch....

Canelo needs either bums or past their prime fighters to get wins....
              Canelo had no amateur career and turned pro at 15, who exactly was he supposed to fight while literally learning on the job as a teenager?

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                160:

WBA- didn't fight anyone for the real title, got elevated from "interim" to "regular" to "super"

IBF- Beat a C level fighter in Lemiuex

WBC- Didn't fight anyone for the title, got it gifted to him from king nelo

IBF - Robbed SD, he will probably duck a rematch too

Ok, it's pretty clear that you don't like Golovkin and that's fine. Let's add some context:

Felix Sturm wanted no part of Golovkin, neither did Sergio Martinez or Miguel Cotto. Golovkin made his debut on HBO in late 2012 so the whole "nobody knows who he is" argument goes out the window. Billy Joe Saunders flat-out admitted he wasn't ready and Danny Jacobs implied the same in his comments at that time regarding a GGG fight.

Did Golovkin make a mistake when he made the comment about facing anybody from 154-168? Definitely. Could he have possibly fought Erislandy Lara? Sure. It's pretty clear, however, that he was denied the opportunity to win those belts against the best competition at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Well I ain't sure who 'you guys' is, cos I only speak for myself, but for sure Canelo's better than I gave him credit for, and I already thought he was pretty damn good. And I think you'll be struggling to find anywhere where I said Canelo would be shaking in his boots, so maybe you can save that ish for someone who's into that kinda banter.

As to Golovkin not being as good as 'advertised', well I dunno - does your aftershave actually have naked chicks throwing themselves at your feet?

If you mean people overestimated how good he was then I'm sure some did. Some - like me of course - probably got it about right. Others underestimated him too I reckon, but the sad truth is we'll never know for sure how good he could have been cos we never saw him in the fights that would really test him till he was already past his best. Whether there were fights he avoided that you'd have expected other fighters in the same circumstances to take is of course a matter of your personal opinion. Far as I'm aware they're ain't an agreed set of rules for judging these kinds of things.

What we can say is that he ran the new P4P wunderkind about as close as you can, even past his best so even if he ain't some ATG he ain't that shabby either.

To be honest whilst GGG will probably remain one of my favourite fighters it will always be the up and comers with everything in front of them that I get the most pleasure from following, rather than guys who already got one foot out the door, so I ain't really terribly bothered any more.

Here is how I imagine things playing out for GGG in an alternate reality where he wasn't avoided until 2017:

2010-2011: Golovkin first makes waves by stopping Felix Sturm late to win his first title at 160.

2012: He makes his HBO debut as a titlist and HBO demands a title unification against Sergio Martinez since both fought in September of that year.

2013: Golovkin ends Sergio Martinez' reign as middleweight king by overcoming the old lion in a spirited slugfest. A new star is born and all roads point to GGG at 160

2014-2015: Golovkin is a big enough star to get the Canelo fight sooner and we get an even better version of the fight we saw in 2017. We are treated to a savage war in which GGG has a little more bounce and explosiveness and Canelo proves haters wrong by dishing out punishment in return. Golovkin wins a split decision but it takes a greater toll on him than Canelo

2016: Canelo wins a controversial majority decision in the rematch and there is enough money in the pot for all parties to go all-in for a trilogy.

2017: The third fight happens exactly when the actual first fight did and we get the same controversial draw that is hotly debated for years to come.

The end result is that both Canelo and GGG are elevated and only the most biased haters can question either fighter's greatness.

By the way, I also see a scenario where Golovkin takes the bait for a Mayweather fight at 154-155 after defeating Martinez and loses a UD. It turns out that draining that low affects him more than he thought it would.

If the Canelo fight still didn't happen in 2017 then I believe GGG would have won close decisions over a red-hot Billy Joe Saunders (tricky style matchup) while stopping a game Daniel Jacobs.

Comment

Is there a way we can ban this poster? Or do something to make this forum less ****ty?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      Is there a way we can ban this poster? Or do something to make this forum less ****ty?

Thanks.
                      Look at this eastern euro wannabe

Comment

Working...
                      X