No announcement yet.

What do amateur boxers do in the gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do amateur boxers do in the gym

Every time amateur boxers go to gym or in a week what do they do or get done each day outside and inside the gym in order to compete. Also my gym charges for personal training how often should I be getting personally trained in order to compete. Keep in mind cost as well

You may get better feedback in the "training and nutrition" section

Comment

Originally posted by rw.box View Post
      Every time amateur boxers go to gym or in a week what do they do or get done each day outside and inside the gym in order to compete. Also my gym charges for personal training how often should I be getting personally trained in order to compete. Keep in mind cost as well
      1stly as a novice you learn the basics , guard , front foot forward, technique , added with circuits and jogs, then when you start to improve you do mostly the things a pro will do albiet not so spread out , sparring, bag work , floor to ceiling bag , pads , skipping , as you get better your sparring will get better and your overall fitness and abilty will go up in level.
      Depends what gym you go to and how attentative the trainers are but you will find some that have there favourites and it takes time for them to start noticing you.

Comment

They do a lot of silly, exhausting things that don't Look like a youtube highlights over and over again

Comment

Working...
        X