No announcement yet.

Cotto Pushing Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Pushing Margarito?

This is not a hate thread on Cotto, was rooting for him to beat Marg.

From what i remember, Cotto was pushing Marg on the rematch. Even Steward said something about it but more of a complement.

Khan on the other hand was push more compare to Cotto-Marg in his fight against Peterson.

Cotto did not do it as many as times, i see where you are coming from though. I believe Khan's pushing was a lot different though.

Cotto's pushing was more of a defensive move on the other Khans was a offensive move

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
      This is not a hate thread on Cotto, was rooting for him to beat Marg.

From what i remember, Cotto was pushing Marg on the rematch. Even Steward said something about it but more of a complement.

Khan on the other hand was push more compare to Cotto-Marg in his fight against Peterson.
      LOL When cotto done it, it was really a non issue as he was doing it with the flow of thing, khan was just pushing on the inside nothing else

Comment

Cotto pushed a few times.

Khan pushed more in 4 rounds then Cotto did in the whole fight.

Comment

Pushing is part of the sport, everybody knows this, just like clinching. They maybe "illegal" but they are allowed in almost every bout.

Those arguing different types of pushing are more acceptable then others are morons because pushing is illegal no matter which way you look at it or how many times you do it.

You cant pick and choose which pushing you find acceptable since all of pushing is considered by the rules illegal.

Comment

Meh, i dont really care about pushing. Lol at half of khans pushes, he was so limpwristed that when he pushed HE was the one that went back. Khan was also doing alot of pushing on the petersons face...with his elbow. But ya, pushing is against he rules. Too bad being a little b!tch isnt.

Edit: there are referees that are more lenient with some things, but it is against the rules, and khan was warned enough times.
            Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-16-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I think the main issue was that Cotto's pushes were short, compact and used to create space/opening. Kahn's pushes were clearly an overextension of his arms to the point that he himself got off balance that did nothing to fortify a position for attack or defense. Cotto's pushes were akin to Floyd's subtle elbow and shoulder pushes to either defend or attack. Kahn's were just blatant fouls though

Besides...I'm of the firm belief that Kahn should have resorted to some real grimey and dirty ****. If the ref isn't seeing the fouls by Peterson (leading with the head, using his forearms and elbows to get an inside position) then Kahn should have taken matters into his own hands. An elbow here, an elbow there, a nut tap here, a nut tap there and the dirty tricks from Peterson would have stopped

Comment

We should go back and review all the fights, ALL OF THEM, and deduct points whenever it occurs because clearly pushing is a foul and should be treated as such. Mayweather would be about 5-37 including when he ILLEGALLY dips his head below the waist and of course clinches, another illegal foul. In fact, I don't think anyone in boxing has really won a fight legally, unless it's like a 1 punch 8 second KO. Everyone else are some cheaters!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  We should go back and review all the fights, ALL OF THEM, and deduct points whenever it occurs because clearly pushing is a foul and should be treated as such. Mayweather would be about 5-37 including when he ILLEGALLY dips his head below the waist and of course clinches, another illegal foul. In fact, I don't think anyone in boxing has really won a fight legally, unless it's like a 1 punch 8 second KO. Everyone else are some cheaters!

Comment

Khan did it much more than Cotto who I believe started doing it in the 7th-8th round. With that said I still think it was totally ridiculous for the referee to take away points for the kind of pushing Khan did.

Also Smoger is possibly the best active referee out there so I doubt he would've taken points away from Khan if he was the ref for that fight.

Ref was overall pretty bad. Tripped and caused a fighter to fall down. Ruled a trip a KD and took 2 BS points away from a fighter.

I think the holding behind the head and pushing down was much worse than the pushing.

Comment

Working...
                    X