No announcement yet.

Number of Punches Determines a Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Okay. Break it down for me, man. Enlighten everybody.
    Why did you make this thread if you didn't know what you were talking about?

Comment

Why not score each minute? It's the same system but basically more data, kinda like having to show your work for your math.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
        Why did you make this thread if you didn't know what you were talking about?

You're gonna back out now. Huh?

I posted an article above on the criteria of amateur scoring. Now, I assume that maybe the article could be off. So I thought you could add to it. It's amazing to me that you call me out and then refuse to comment further. Put or shut up, man.

Comment

You're gonna back out now. Huh?

I posted an article above on the criteria of amateur scoring. Now, I assume that maybe the article could be off. So I thought you could add to it. It's amazing to me that you call me out and then refuse to comment further. Put or shut up, man.
          Basically

Amateurs - numbers are everything

Pros - aside from quantity, punch quality, effective aggression, defense, ring generalship

Comment

I think the biggest problem with the sport is that there is no real objective way to score a fight. It's all subjective and often in the end, like this weekend, divisive.

So why not let the number of punches scored win rounds and ultimately the fight itself?

Obviously extra points should be awarded for knockdowns and punch numbers should be lowered when deductions occur but at least, you could say guy A won because he outlanded guy B.

I think this might be harder to argue with than the old "I believe he won the fight" line.

What do you guys think?

Yay or nay?

Isn’t that how the olympics score them?

Comment

Damage determines who won a round

No punch is the same

No power punch is the same

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
                Basically

Amateurs - numbers are everything

Pros - aside from quantity, punch quality, effective aggression, defense, ring generalship
                And all based on opinion.

Look, if you want corruption to continue, fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  You either know what you saw because you're not blind, or you're blind.

I have zero doubts about who wins a fight because scoring a fight is not hard.

What's hard is finding three officials who know how to score a fight.
                  If scoring fights is so straightforward then why does everybody come up with different scores? Oh wait... you're the dude who proclaimed that his scores are always right aren't you? Impressive hubris, man, and just possibly a little delusion... the gods themselves couldn't agree on scoring a boxing match under the present system.

Comment

[QUOTE=Koba-Grozny;19133922]If scoring fights is so straightforward then why does everybody come up with different scores? Oh wait... you're the dude who proclaimed that his scores are always right aren't you? Impressive hubris, man, and just possibly a little delusion... the gods themselves couldn't agree on scoring a boxing match under the present system.[/QUOTE]

So true, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                      Why not score each minute? It's the same system but basically more data, kinda like having to show your work for your math.
                      Personally I do something a bit like that. I try to keep track of how the fighters have gone for the whole round, section by section, so that I don't fall into the trap of giving it to the guy who does some late flurries.

Comment

Working...
                      X