Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the **** did Golovkin not go to war?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because jabbing Nel o face is so easy.
    Floyd don't need to go to war.
    I think scorecards need to be revea ledafter each round.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 09-18-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      GGG was way more busted up
      And your point being what exactly? Clearly that would suggest that he did go to war as did Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Body shots... He was scared
        Canelo came forward, there cabronasos, chigasos.. t think GGG looked robotic, and head those body shots.... solid.

Comment

Apart from cut, Floyd did more facial damage to Canelo imo.

Floyds power > GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            and i agree about golovkin not knowing how to fight well in close quarters...i dont think many of the EE guys are....i dont think they like it...
            That is so very true. He can't and none of the Eastern European bloc fighters can; Neither Kovalev, Lomachenko or Golovkin can fight at short range. They are used to extending their arms by backing up their opponents on the back foot/outside for more power and leaverage on their punches.

Comment

Because he is massively overrated, and shot. The Kell Brook and Danny Jacobs fights were his final throes, he is done. He will never regain a title, and soon will be stopped by someone he'd have pancaked 3-4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Canelo came forward, there cabronasos, chigasos.. t think GGG looked robotic, and head those body shots.... solid.
                Yeah, and GGG took a lot of punishment to the body.

Ir was a very good job by Nelo.

Saludos Zaroku

Comment

Shut the fuk up.

First fight - he's a caveman with no skills who can only come forward
                  Second fight - why did he box and not goto war?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Abel Sanchez: I wanted GGG to fight Canelo, he decided to box

Your own trainer is basically calling you out

“I scored the fight even. I thought that the 12th round was the pivotal round. I said to Golovkin in the corner that I thought we were behind in about the 8th or 9th, and I told him I needed the rounds at the end. I thought it was even, but you know what? Canelo won, and that’s what’s important.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/9/1...decided-to-box
                    Exactly all this talk about that was the game plan is bs. He clearly was bullied and his trainer admitted during and after the fight. Sanchez didn't want him backing up and jabbing letting his face get rearranged like we never seen GGG face look. Sanchez didn't like his man getting pushed around ducking out off a Mexican style fight that they begged for by the little man. So it wasn't strategy he didn't follow the advice of his trainer. He had his will broken the bully got bullied and was shook that if he war'd with canelo he would take even more abuse and likely knocked out. This ain't rocket science those canelo punches hurt and he didn't want to take risks so he backed up.

Comment

dude he is 36 years old, what the f#ck is your idea of going to war if not that?

he did everything in his power. he lost to a faster, younger, better fighter.

make no mistake, those two were both a punch or two from goign down. if you leave any more than that in the ring you can lose your life.

do not ask fighters to give more than that, you just don't understand what you're asking them to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X