Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
    Mike Coppinger is saying SHO PPV.

Comment

Excellent, it would do good numbers on regular tv slot, not sure about PPV!

Maybe if this was 2012 Pac and 2014 Broner it would sell on PPV!

Still, it’s a fun fight in the ring and should be entertaining outside the ring as well!

Looking forward to it, hopefully we get Pacquiao vs Danny Garcia next or Pacquiao vs Porter

Comment

I could see it being PPV or I could see Fox making that happen which may be something beyond what the budget would normally allow because that would kind of be a signature event, not that it is a really competitive fight because I think Manny is just a better boxer that Broner and Broner just won't be aggressive enough to really make anything happen but Broner is a big name (and big mouth) and Manny is Manny.

It would be the day before Fox has the NFC championship game too so you know they will sell the hell out of it during the playoffs and all their programming surrounding that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          No doubt, but Dan states a few sentences later that it could be FOX PPV.

Ah why do they always have to ruin everything!!

Comment

I don't think it would do huge numbers but 300 to 500k is probably easily achieveable with Fox backing it heavily and the names (Broner for as limited he is as a fighter does move the needle a decent amount, he is kind of like a new age Mayorga). Put on some decent under card fights for the fight fans and they will buy no matter what they say right now.

At 70 a pop that is between 21 and 35 million in extra revenue which gets cut down quick but even after half that is still 10 to 17 extra money floating around.

Still I could see Fox ponying up some extra bread to really get their boxing brand set off right and they can probably make some good ad revenue without having to cut in PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              Fox PPV or regular TV?
              Damn, fellow Carolinian. If you read the article, it says on Fox, but PPV could be an option!

Comment

They better stack the undercard with some good fights if they're gonna try to gouge us forma PPV price

Comment

Will check YT if PPV...zero chance I buy PPV for Broner or Manny to fight yet another washed up fighter (DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Matthyse)...Pac always fights guys who are trending down. Nothing new

Comment

I suspect Broner will fcvk up prior to the fight and do something stupid to get the fight cancelled.

Comment

PPV? Lol

That fight is not a PPV fight. Free on Fox I can understand, but PPV? Hell nah

Comment

Working...
                      X