Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Canelo and Chavez Jr considered cash cows?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Canelo and Chavez Jr considered cash cows?

the fact that you dont consider it good money unless they make over a million shows just how out of touch with reality you are. very very very few people are making the 500-700k paydays your talking about.

Why is Canelo and Chavez Jr considered cash cows?

to my knowledge i dont believe either made a million per fight before, correct me if im wrong.

Usually they do make a good amount of money, but thats only because they give their opponents like 5% or something.

Is it if they finally fight someone good that they can make it over the 1 million hump? or are they already making that kinda dough but we jsut dont know?

They have a good fanbase, but i never hear about how much they make. And i dont believe its over 1 mil per fight.

Comment

Being a cash cow isn't about how much a boxer makes (e.g wages), it's about how much they can make their promoter's. They both have massive fan bases and mexicans LOVE boxing. Their promoters can use these fan bases to make themselves Millions of pounds with little risk Involved (e.g they will always sell out stadium and attract large sponsership fee's/ site fee's ect) they are also young and Undefeated so they can continue making money for their promoters for years or they can also be fed to an elite Fighter (Mayweather ect) for a massive amount of money.

Boxing is a business and these guys are good for business.

Also your thread title should be "Why ARE Canelo and Chavez Jr considered cash cows?"
      Last edited by Alonzo Harris; 01-17-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

JCC JR is the El Dinero de Vaca.

Comment

Chavez JR is a pu**y. Its sad how much time you invested in your anti-sergio campaign. Very Sad, actually.

Comment

Sergio makes more per fight than Chavez jr.

The only problem is hes getting older.

Comment

ts must be kidding....

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                Sergio makes more per fight than Chavez jr.

The only problem is hes getting older.
                but the revenue he generates in comparison to Jr and Cinnabum pales in comparision

THAT is being a cash cow someone who is a gate attraction and can draw good ratings. Both Cinnabum and Jr draw really well on HBO and have had over 10000 fans in shows they've headlined

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  but the revenue he generates in comparison to Jr and Cinnabum pales in comparision

THAT is being a cash cow someone who is a gate attraction and can draw good ratings. Both Cinnabum and Jr draw really well on HBO and have had over 10000 fans in shows they've headlined
                  i get that, but why arent they making top dough?

Comment

They are considered cash cows because they are both young stars who have made a connection to a legitimate, money-spending audience. Take a cross section of any group of boxing fans, take a look at this very forum. I would suggest that at the very least 1/3 of said group will be young Mexicans, South Americans, or Americans who would trace their lineage back to this country. Although all these people don't share a common overall culture, all of these cultures generally regard boxing as a worthy sport. So you are taking two guys that are already good athletes that win, who are also from cultures that really "lift up" their chosen sport. it is nothing but a recipe for success from a business standpoint

Now I am not in the entertainment business but I do believe if I had two fighters that could connect culturally in some way to a large money holding audience I would consider them valuable assets. On the surface, they having winning records and both of them can actually fight although both have deficiencies. They have introduced through the TV similar to the way in which a product in marketed. So, they are cash cows because they have what it takes to be so and they are marketed correctly.

Whatever past figures they have set are irrelevant, they are assets that will become more and more valuable over time at a high rate. Once they become only slightly more popular, they will even be able to take a loss and still command huge sums of money because of their unique marketability. Also, whatever money they have made only appears small in relation to the money made by fighters who built their names and then asked for the big money.

I have not even mentioned that one is the son of probably the most recognizable Mexican fighter of all time, and one of them has Europoid characteristics that are rare in Mexico after generations of genetic mixing between indigenous people and european colonials

Comment

Working...
                    X