Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence Vs Crawford.. Boxing Experts ONLY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was up in the air about it, but I now see Spence winning. I was surprise how Crawford was getting tagged last Saturday, and surprising he also did not seem as fast as I remembered, which is why he was getting cleanly countered many times.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      well duh, thats because promoters typically dont do it. I didnt jump into this thread saying its all Haymons fault, because they ALL do it, whether its Arum, GBP, Haymon, or whoever.

YOU are the one trying to pin it on Arum, as if Haymon doesnt do the exact same thing.......
      The only issue with trying to say that everyone does the isolation bit, is that it's not true; Haymon has sent his dozen or so guys away from the orbit of promoters that he does regular business with for the right fight, RocNation sent Andre Ward to fight on a Main Events bill, Guillermo Rigondeaux to fight on a Top Rank bill and Luis Arias to fight on a Matchroom Sport USA bill. Heck, Oscar De La Hoya served up Linares to Top Rank when his only other bankable fighter is Canelo.

Not every fighter is sent everywhere, but to ignore the movement is disingenuous.

Bob Arum voluntarily sends no one anywhere, and that's been the case for years at this point.

Outside of the Pacquiao fight (where Arum *****ed the entire time while seeing ~$150m run through his company for just being there), and maybe the Ricky Burns vs Terence Crawford fight, there's literally not a single other example to point too, lol.

To try and argue a pox on all houses is silly

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        The only issue with trying to say that everyone does the isolation bit, is that it's not true; Haymon has sent his dozen or so guys away from the orbit of promoters that he does regular business with for the right fight, RocNation sent Andre Ward to fight on a Main Events bill, Guillermo Rigondeaux to fight on a Top Rank bill and Luis Arias to fight on a Matchroom Sport USA bill. Heck, Oscar De La Hoya served up Linares to Top Rank when his only other bankable fighter is Canelo.

Not every fighter is sent everywhere, but to ignore the movement is disingenuous.

Bob Arum voluntarily sends no one anywhere, and that's been the case for years at this point.

Outside of the Pacquiao fight (where Arum *****ed the entire time while seeing ~$150m run through his company for just being there), and maybe the Ricky Burns vs Terence Crawford fight, there's literally not a single other example to point too, lol.

To try and argue a pox on all houses is silly
        your saying haymon done it a dozen times? who are the 12?

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
          he cant name ONE, much less 12........

I asked him to name ONE time Haymon let a A-list fighter go fight a voluntary fight on someone elses show. His response was "but but but but Pacquiao Arum doe"
          Last edited by OnePunch; 10-19-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
            The were sent out of the usual orbit?

Charles Martin, Gervonta Davis, Errol Spence Jr, Lamont Peterson, Eleider Alvarez, John Molina, Felix Diaz, and Nonito Donaire, and that's just off the top of my head

Comment

Working...
            X