No announcement yet.

Less Than a Year Ago, People Were Claiming Chocalito Better Than Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Than a Year Ago, People Were Claiming Chocalito Better Than Floyd

That should be 3 losses in a row for Gonzalez. He took a L against Cuadras in my opinion. HBO's endless hype convinced you that a guy with no defense and no power beyond 112 lbs was the best p4p in boxing and even more crazy....better than Floyd! Props to Sor Rungvisai

Floyd should have three losses against Castillo, Oscar and Maidana. Gonzalez aged overnight. Result of tough fights versus live dogs in their prime.

Comment

Well people get carried away and mostly it's them wanting to pull Floyd down anyway.

He isn't as great as Floyd, nowhere near but Chocolatito has still been a hell of a fighter in his time. I said he would get KO'd tonight anyway, he just ran into a guy that's too big/strong for him at a time when he's probably faded too. It is what it is, i saw that coming.

It still doesn't undo how good Gonzalez was in the past though.

Comment

He should have made The Thai fighter come down to 113 lol that's what Floyd would have done, right?

Comment

His recent fame definitely has something to do with people who hate Floyd wanting another undefeated fighter to look to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Well people get carried away and mostly it's them wanting to pull Floyd down anyway.

He isn't as great as Floyd, nowhere near but Chocolatito has still been a hell of a fighter in his time. I said he would get KO'd tonight anyway, he just ran into a guy that's too big/strong for him at a time when he's probably faded too. It is what it is, i saw that coming.

It still doesn't undo how good Gonzalez was in the past though.
            Your not p4p if that's how you look against a guy slightly bigger than you. Floyd has beat guys with 20 lbs weight advantages and done it with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Your not p4p if that's how you look against a guy slightly bigger than you. Floyd has beat guys with 20 lbs weight advantages and done it with ease.
              Depends how you look at it and your agenda though. Would a guy who claims to be the best ever go life and death with Maidana and also possibly lose to Castillo?

For the record, i consider Floyd one of the very best of all time. I'm just saying you can spin things however you want.

Gonzalez was a very good fighter at his best. I never quite felt he was as special as some did though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                He should have made The Thai fighter come down to 113 lol that's what Floyd would have done, right?
                No, and your ridiculous for even writing that. The only fighter who ever came down in weight to fight Floyd was Alvarez. Even still canelo came in the ring with at least a 15 lb weight advantages. And I'm assuming you about to blame weight for Gonzalez getting KO'd, I beg to differ, he got KO'd because of his predictable face first no defense style!

Comment

I would pay to watch Roman over Floyd any day. He is definitely a better fighter than Floyd, Floyd is clearly the better boxer.

In the same way I would have payed to watch Arturo Gatti over Floyd any day.

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
                    I would pay to watch Roman over Floyd any day. He is definitely a better fighter than Floyd, Floyd is clearly the better boxer.

In the same way I would have payed to watch Arturo Gatti over Floyd any day.
                    Gone do that then, have fun watching him get Knocked the f_ck Out!

Comment

Working...
                    X