Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
    wait you refer to Mosley as a "slugger"..but Pac as a "boxer-puncher"??..

lets see..because Floyd was waiting for the outcome of Mayorga/DLH..for his biggest payday, you know, the one Uncle Bob couldnt guarantee if he fought Marg on his terms..Marg was a no-name that offered nothing extra.
    Floyd made the same amount of money and got the lineal. take your pick.
    ...stick around, you may learn something!
    yes, do you not know what a slugger and a boxer-puncher are?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      yes, do you not know what a slugger and a boxer-puncher are?
      Its ok..your a pac stan...I get it!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Manny "I let my promoter take care of it, I'm not saying no names" Pacquiao.
        [Bob]Manny, would you like to fight the guy in the welterweight division that Floyd was scared of?[/Arum]

[Manny]Which one?[/Pacquiao]

Comment

wait you refer to Mosley as a "slugger"..but Pac as a "boxer-puncher"??..

lets see..because Floyd was waiting for the outcome of Mayorga/DLH..for his biggest payday, you know, the one Uncle Bob couldnt guarantee if he fought Marg on his terms..Marg was a no-name that offered nothing extra.
          Floyd made the same amount of money and got the lineal. take your pick.
          ...stick around, you may learn something!

No you silly girl.

You may learn something.

Margarito was the longest belt holding champion in the division. What the Margarito fight offered was a big, strong, volume punching fighter that Floyd had never faced before. A fighter with stamina to match Floyds. A fighter who could out punch Floyd over 12 rounds.

Now, you want to talk about no names. Ok.

You may learn something.

"I don't need to fight Margarito because nobody knows who he is. He doesn't have a fan base, plus, he has four losses".

"Hi, my name is.....no fanbase, with losses due to quitting."

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            The Baldomir deal came after. So him turning down a career high payday at the time is completely accurate.

Floyd could have fought Marg and then fought Baldo in November. Didn't do it. Floyd could have fought Marg and then got his 20mil against Oscar didn't do it.

Floyd avoided the hell out of Marg. That's probably the only fighter Floyd truly avoided. Like Mannie Phresh said all the other names that people claim Floyd duck is BS. But, the Marg is completely legit.

No matter what excuses people make. He had other opportunities to fight Marg and just didn't.
            Article in 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Arum said Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Comment

Article in 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Arum said Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.
              And, this means what?

Comment

no, no. I remember this.
                Floyd was offered a bit more to fight Baldo..he fought Baldo in 2006..November..the same year(2006) was when Margs camp offered him 8 million..he had both offers on the table very close together..he went on to fight Judah..and went with the Baldo deal instead..and no one blinked because that was the demand at the time.
                regardless of if you think he had the best resume..Marg is fit for a certain type of fighter. his worst nightmare wouldve been Floyd.
                Again the Marg offer came prior to Baldo...So the at the time is completely accurate.

And, even then Floyd didn't have to give up money to fight Marg like he did with Baldo. So taking that into account Marg was still more, and then take into the account what the PPV would have done. And, reliable sources like Jake Donovan has said that Floyd had to give money back for the Baldo. Still makes that Marg off his career highest at the time.

And, I don't know why you think Floyd is Marg worse nightmare. Maybe you really weren't following Marg closely at the time. Which I don't blame you, he was ignore for the most part of his career. Therefor no one noticed the danger he brought. Only fighters and people who were following the division closely could know.

Brian Kenny doesn't speak for boxing community.

Comment

And, this means what?
                  Did you read?

It means if Arum would've gave him the extra 3 million he asked for, Floyd would've fought Margarito. Arum admitted that in the article.

It has nothing to do with ducking. Arum couldn't hold up his end of the deal.

Comment

Did you read?

It means if Arum would've gave him the extra 3 million he asked for, Floyd would've fought Margarito. Arum admitted that in the article.

It has nothing to do with ducking. Arum couldn't hold up his end of the deal.
                    "Margarito, easy money, easy work" Floyd.

So why not just make an easy 8 mil?

Comment

Maybe because your post and point was silly.

Your post is more for the noobs then for the ones who actually followed the sport back then.

He didn't duck Cotto, he's not ducking Pac either. Most of the guys that people say Floyd avoided...He didn't avoid.

Marg was really the only one and then maybe Stevie Johnston being another one...But, that''s it...After that, Floyd didn't duck anyone people claim that he did.
                      3:53 - 4:07....

Comment

Working...
                      X