Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Prince Naseem Quit After Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Prince Naseem Quit After Barrera?

Seriously, that beating was not even that bad. Barrera won by 3-4 rounds. wow. big deal.

Did Barrera expose something else that wasn't talked about in public?

Honestly, the entire fight was bizaare. I'll let you know why. Barrera REQUESTED NEW GLOVES, the commission approved Barrera's request and they were flown in last minute.

Naseem looked clearly truly bothered coming into the ring. He didn't do the usual flip over the top rope as if he already knew his schtick had been exposed.

In that fight Naseem did not demonstrate the level of punching power seen in his entire career despite landing numerous seemingly flush shots on Barrera. He never even fazed Barrera.

Because he realized that boxing outside of Britain, is a different level of talent! (I.E Ricky Hatton)

Comment

Because Barrera took his soul

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        Seriously, that beating was not even that bad. Barrera won by 3-4 rounds. wow. big deal.

Did Barrera expose something else that wasn't talked about in public?

Honestly, the entire fight was bizaare. I'll let you know why. Barrera REQUESTED NEW GLOVES, the commission approved Barrera's request and they were flown in last minute.

Naseem looked clearly truly bothered coming into the ring. He didn't do the usual flip over the top rope as if he already knew his schtick had been exposed.

In that fight Naseem did not demonstrate the level of punching power seen in his entire career despite landing numerous seemingly flush shots on Barrera. He never even fazed Barrera.
        Do some research. Naz had one more, but lost it and then retired.

Watch Little Prince, Big Fight on Youtube. You can see his sparring wasn't that good and they were living the life, his team were playing pool and laughing at Barerra training up in the cold mountains while Naz was down there in the warmth.

Anyway watch that documentary and tell me Naz was hungry.

Comment

I thought the same thing. I thought Naseem would have bounced back to land a rematch or hunt down Morales but it looks like Naseem was exposed.

Then along came Pacquiao...

Comment

Originally posted by maniac310 View Post
            because barrera took his soul
            lmfao!!!!!!!

Comment

Because it's hard for anybody to continue onward after being raped infront of such a large audience, let alone having it broadcast all over the world for everybody to see.

Comment

A lot was happening outside the ring and it clearly effected him in the ring. Even if he had've won, the old Naz was gone before the fight happened.

Hamed mentioned that part of the reason that he left boxing after this fight was because of his commitments to his family, whom he would often not see for up to 9 weeks at a time whilst attending training camps. Hamed also gave an interview for BBC Radio Sportsweek and announced that his retirement was largely due to chronic hand problems, which meant he had to take tendinitis injections after every fight.
                "I think at one stage he was the most exciting fighter that I'd ever been involved with. At one stage, in the early part of his career, he could have gone on to become one of the great fighters. But that disappeared when he didn't fight as regularly as he should have done, when he was cutting corners on his training. It just didn't work out for him from that point on." - Frank Warren
                He also changed trainer prior to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
                  Do some research. Naz had one more, but lost it and then retired.

Watch Little Prince, Big Fight on Youtube. You can see his sparring wasn't that good and they were living the life, his team were playing pool and laughing at Barerra training up in the cold mountains while Naz was down there in the warmth.

Anyway watch that documentary and tell me Naz was hungry.
                  Excuses, Naz was overrated because he depended on his power his entire career. Barrera was on another level, he is a legend in the sport and when Naz couldn't dance and clown his way to victory like he always did, he lost not only the fight but all confidence.

Naz was lucky to even step into the ring with such a great legend in Barrera. He has a story to tell his grandchildren.

Comment

Cause there weren't anymore magic carpet rides that could save the humiliation that MAB gave him that night

Comment

Working...
                    X