Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When an opponent is chosen for Pacquiao.. Who do you ultimately hold accountable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    was poll intentionally multiple choice?
    it's Arum and Pac
    Arum because he chooses the opponents
    Pac because he could say no if he felt like it
    many fighters say "I'll fight whoever my promoter gets me"
    Pac is apparently dead serious when he says this
    Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    I agree with this.

IMO, the only reason Arum seemingly takes control of which fighter to choose for Pacquiao is because that is the way PAC has treated his fighter-promoter relationship.

At the end of the day, if PAC wants to fight this guy, and not that guy... That's what's going to happen.

If he stands on the sidelines and says that is my promoters job, then that is what Arum will do.

But, in both situations... It comes down to Pacquiao.
    What these guys said. I don't think Pac himself is picky about his opponents. But if he was, Arum couldn't force him to fight anybody he absolutely refused to fight on his own volition.

Comment

Arum has publicly said ON MANY OCCASIONS that he presents Pacquiao with options, and manny picks his own opponents

Comment

it really is with PAC. but for sure arum has his own choice and will sway PAC into whatever fight he feels would earn the most. and what does PAC knows about promoting? he'd be brainwashed easily by arum thinking mosley is really the best fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          Arum has publicly said ON MANY OCCASIONS that he presents Pacquiao with options, and manny picks his own opponents
          maybe.

but i thought arum is a snake and we shouldn't believe most if not all of what he says.

or should we believe him on THESE OCCASIONS because it makes manny look like the culprit?

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            it really is with PAC. but for sure arum has his own choice and will sway PAC into whatever fight he feels would earn the most. and what does PAC knows about promoting? he'd be brainwashed easily by arum thinking mosley is really the best fight for him.
            I think PAC knows more than he portrays to know, or comes off like knowing.

I actually think Pacquiao is a pretty damn smart kind of guy, but he has a way with English words that sometimes makes you feel he may be ignorant to certain parts of the business... But he isn't.

He knows his position, he knows who's out there, and he knows what his options are and the risks and rewards of each fight that is chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
              All Pacquiao has to do is look at Mosley's last two performances (I'm sure he's already seen it), unless Pacquiao is really really stupid; which I doubt.

Comment

I know Arum's calling the shots, but really he shouldn't be. I still hold Pacquiao accountable because he's not some unknown anymore. Arum's working for him, not the other way around at this point.

Some people might say it is against his nature to speak up or whatever, but I just don't really buy into that argument.

Comment

YOU always hold the fighter accountable?

since when did you actually promoted a fight?

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  I always hold the fighter accountable, Arum couldn't move unless Pacquiao moved. Like I said before, Top Rank would always choose to make money as oppose to not making any, so if Pacquiao told Arum "I want winner of Bradley vs. Alexander/ or Martinez...THATS IT) Arum would have to give him that. Pacquiao is Arum's boss.

Comment

I like Pacquiao but he deserves the blame for being the ***** of Bob Arum. Sorry Pinoys, I love Pacquiao and rooted for him since 1997 but after that Margarito fight that he dominated with pure destruction he needs to fight someone better than a faded Shane Mosley who looked like **** against Mora. Berto is coming over a brutal knockout even if it was against someone we never really heard much of, and Marquez is coming off a great win over a hungry lion in Katsidis.

Comment

Pac is an established fighter, the blame falls squarely on his shoulders.

He is showing now that he is truly bitchmade and a fraud coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X