Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else shocked Floyd hasn't shown interest in fighting Margarito now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else shocked Floyd hasn't shown interest in fighting Margarito now?

You would think after what boxing was doing for Cotto, that Mayweather would jump at the chance to steal the thunder of the other big welters and take on Antonio. This fight is worth risking an 0 over imo, because the added legacy it brings can immortalize a fighter. And we all know exactly what we're going to get, so I'm not in the least bit bored by the notion.

Can Floyd stay busy going backwards for 12 rounds and avoid Margarito's onslaught?

Can Antonio slow Mayweather down enough to mount his attack for the win?

What do yall think?

Both Mayweather and Oscar will never fight Margarito. It's a shame.

Comment

he already learned after the Baldomir fight that engaging in bouts where he's going to be backpeddling for most of the fight isn't going to help him achieve what he wants. It would be an un attractive win for him. It would do more damage than good.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 v2.0 View Post
        he already learned after the Baldomir fight that engaging in bouts where he's going to be backpeddling for most of the fight isn't going to help him achieve what he wants. It would be an un attractive win for him. It would do more damage than good.
        I'd rather have him fight Pavlik. That way if he won in a boring manner, I wouldn't really care because he wouldn't be favored in this fight anyway.

Comment

floyd the ***** will shut the **** up about this because he is a *****. he would never ever ****ing fight margarito nor cotto.

Comment

I dont think Floyd has done that yet for 2 reasons.

1 is that he hasnt been retired long enough. He's still doing alright for now but quickly his name is diminishing and I think he's also realizing that if your not the Champ then people still dont show you the love in the real world that they do when you are. People gave him alot of oppurtunites to do big things because of boxing and without it I think those will diminish which will make him want to get back in the limelight. He will also definatly start getting the itch again pretty soon as its hard to just stop cold turkey like that espically when you know that you can still do some great things.

The 2nd reason is that I think Floyd is honestly banking on Margarito. He saw what Clottey & Cotto did to him in terms of boxing so I know he's confident but I also think that he feels that Margarito will still fight some big names and win, which would make there fight that much bigger. People clowned him for turning down the 8mil but at that time Margarito was just a name with nothing to back it up. Now he's got some huge wins and is more popular so Floyd could make way more then that 8 if they fight. If he holds out longer and Margarito beats a Williams or Cotto in a rematch then the fight is super huge. Floyd is smart about that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              You would think after what boxing was doing for Cotto, that Mayweather would jump at the chance to steal the thunder of the other big welters and take on Antonio. This fight is worth risking an 0 over imo, because the added legacy it brings can immortalize a fighter. And we all know exactly what we're going to get, so I'm not in the least bit bored by the notion.

Can Floyd stay busy going backwards for 12 rounds and avoid Margarito's onslaught?

Can Antonio slow Mayweather down enough to mount his attack for the win?

What do yall think?
              im not shocked at all. im sure that performance put even more fear into that cowards heart.

Comment

4 The Same Reason Marg Isnt Showing Interest In Paul Williams.

Comment

floyd would have fought cotto, but i dont think he will ever fought margarito..not cuz of fear..i think he will say his name isnt big enough and by the time margaritos name gets big enough, he will lose and that spoils it.

Comment

I think he can beat Margarito, but he will be dancing all 12. Margarito is still dangerous, I wonder if Floyd wants to risk shoulder rolling on those ropes or even get close to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X