Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is most likely to become world champion again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev but he'll always be considered a second rate champ after he was handled by the pound for pound best in the sport Ward.

Kovalev is as solid as they come, it's just testament to the legacy Ward has built.

Comment

Maybe Pac if he fights in early 2018. Possibly Broner if he gets a shot at the vacant IBF strap that Crawford vacated. Unless of course Mikey takes a shot at it.

Comment

I don't expect ward to hold on to all of the belts for too much longer. He's likely to move up sometime soon imo or he'll be stripped for not fighting his mandatories, in which case kovalev has a great shot at picking up one of the vacant titles. People say He's shot already but the only fighters thatll give kovalev trouble are ward, Stevenson and betebiev. Even then, artur is largely untested and inactive, while Stevenson has been feasting on a bunch of stiffs for years. So who knows how good either of them are at this point. I'd have kov as the clear favorite over everyone else at 175

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
          I don't expect ward to hold on to all of the belts for too much longer. He's likely to move up sometime soon imo or he'll be stripped for not fighting his mandatories, in which case kovalev has a great shot at picking up one of the vacant titles. People say He's shot already but the only fighters thatll give kovalev trouble are ward, Stevenson and betebiev. Even then, artur is largely untested and inactive, while Stevenson has been feasting on a bunch of stiffs for years. So who knows how good either of them are at this point. I'd have kov as the clear favorite over everyone else at 175

kovalev is gonna retire soon or go to cruiserweight. I don't think he will even fight for the 175 title again

Comment

Kovalev would have to face Stevenson, so i can't see that. Unless he moves up, which be a tough ask.

Broner probably has a chance for a vacant title at 140 against a weaker guy, as the belts will probably be scattered about when Crawford moves up.

Pacquiao would beat Horn IMO if the rematched. I don't think he's in any hurry however. So who knows with that one.
            I wouldn't pick Garcia or Porter to beat any of the champs (Horn aside). So i don't see them picking a title up soon, although they will probably earn a shot.

Gonzalez may just be done now. I'd pick him to beat the WBA and IBF champs. But who knows if he will carry on.

My pick out of those names would be Broner.

Comment

Working...
            X