No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Ready For Mayweather: I'll Make 160 by May 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by King- View Post
    Hopkins? Really? If Floyd is going to fight anyone at 160, why not Golovkin? That's the single biggest threat/challenger to Floyd. If he's fighting anybody at 160, it's Golovkin or bust, IMO, and that includes Martinez.
    Please tell me: how many African-American boxers fought Golovkin so far?

Comment

• In before 155lb catch weight for middleweight bout

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Hopkins is a legend. Willing to drop 15 pounds at age 49 to take on the best. Respect.
        true but I don't really know if this is the fight I wanna see. Floyd sergio at 160 yes. Bhop floyd at 160-IDK. Bhop will rehydrate to something like 178-185 lbs. Is that something a 50 yera old human body should risk doing-especially when bhop saved his money.

Maybe he just wants to prove he's the best of his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Please tell me: how many African-American boxers fought Golovkin so far?
          What does this have to do with anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arakawa Dunn View Post
            true but I don't really know if this is the fight I wanna see. Floyd sergio at 160 yes. Bhop floyd at 160-IDK. Bhop will rehydrate to something like 178-185 lbs. Is that something a 50 yera old human body should risk doing-especially when bhop saved his money.

Maybe he just wants to prove he's the best of his era.
            Flyod-Sergio, why not Floyd-Golovkin? You really think old man Martinez at this point would be a tougher challenge to Floyd then Golovkin? Laughable. Unless you just want Floyd to chase Martinez cause he's the lineal champ and easy picking- that's exactly what it would be, easy work for Floyd.

I can't see anyway someone could justify NOT wanting to see Floyd-Golovkin IF they're calling for Floyd to fight anyone else at 160. It's not like GGG isn't a champion........

Saying Golovkin is too big, cool. Totally understandable. But if you think Floyd-Hopkins at 160, or Floyd-Sergio is OKAY, I really don't understand why no Floyd-Golovkin.

inb4 who has Golovkin beat...

brb Victor Ortiz (what?)

Comment

Flyod-Sergio, why not Floyd-Golovkin? You really think old man Martinez at this point would be a tougher challenge to Floyd then Golovkin? Laughable. Unless you just want Floyd to chase Martinez cause he's the lineal champ and easy picking- that's exactly what it would be, easy work for Floyd.

I can't see anyway someone could justify NOT wanting to see Floyd-Golovkin IF they're calling for Floyd to fight anyone else at 160. It's not like GGG isn't a champion........
              Right now Sergio is the MW champ and this fight, IMO, is long overdue. GGG will have his time soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                Right now Sergio is the MW champ and this fight, IMO, is long overdue. GGG will have his time soon enough.
                I agree Sergio is the lineal champ and on paper that SHOULD be the fight to make if Floyd fights any MW's. But in reality, most people know Martinez at this point is their for the taking. He's 38, plagued with injuries and many people (myself included) thought he lost his last fight to Martin Murray and shouldn't even be lineal champ anymore (if that fight wasn't in Argentina, probably wouldn't have gotten the decision anywhere else)

Sergio Martinez in 2014 would be easy work for Floyd IMO. If Floyd, and boxing fans want him to get challenged, you've gotta be insane to think Golovkin isn't his toughest potential challenger if he's looking for anyone north of 154. Like I said, at the least Golovkin is still a champion.

The right thing would be to have Martinez fight Golovkin for MW supremacy which is what all fans want, and the winner fight Floyd. But obviously, that's a total longshot..

Comment

Saying Golovkin is too big, cool. Totally understandable. But if you think Floyd-Hopkins at 160, or Floyd-Sergio is OKAY, I really don't understand why no Floyd-Golovkin.

inb4 who has Golovkin beat...

brb Victor Ortiz (what?)
                  because sergio is the best MW in the world. period. GGG is on the same level a quillin-either is arguably #2. since I wouln't ask for a floyd quillin fight I'm not gonna ask for a floyd ggg fight.

I know you see ggg's power and amatuer background and assume this means he is legit.
                  That said, I would hope posters like you learned a valuable lesson after saturday. I know GGG is HBO's new hot guy because of his string of KO's. They are very impressive. But be careful annointing him the best MW before he beats the best. Sergio may humble GGG the same way Danny humbled Matts.

Comment

• I have to repeat: Floyd's hands are too frail at his age... Floyd can't fight big middleweights... Martinez let alone -- I don't think he'll come back in proper shape again...

Comment

I agree Sergio is the lineal champ and on paper that SHOULD be the fight to make if Floyd fights any MW's. But in reality, most people know Martinez at this point is their for the taking. He's 38, plagued with injuries and many people (myself included) thought he lost his last fight to Martin Murray and shouldn't even be lineal champ anymore (if that fight wasn't in Argentina, probably wouldn't have gotten the decision anywhere else)

Sergio Martinez in 2014 would be easy work for Floyd IMO. If Floyd, and boxing fans want him to get challenged, you've gotta be insane to think Golovkin isn't his toughest potential challenger if he's looking for anyone north of 154. Like I said, at the least Golovkin is still a champion.

The right thing would be to have Martinez fight Golovkin for MW supremacy which is what all fans want, and the winner fight Floyd. But obviously, that's a total longshot..
                      quillin and GGG have fought about the same level of fighter. Just because HBO is hot for GGG because he wins y KO does not make him superior.

Comment

Working...
                      X