Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios- I don’t understand all the hype surrounding him!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
    Ok if there where another 10 secs left of Rd 1 Khan would of won by 1st Rd KO lol, we could go with these silly theories. Who said Khan is great? Why do people on this site love to use their own intellect and twist another posters words? Rematch Maidana! Fighting bums? Since the Maidana fight Khan has been fighting ranked top 10 fighters in his division, grabbed another title in the process. Come on b what are you on?
    McCloskey and Judah? Okayyyyyyyy lol

Comment

What was ODLH more closer to a brawler or boxer?

You said "you made an ali example in one of your posts before, who put ali through the most hell in his career?"

And I'm asking you who won the trilogy?

So how did that prove your point?
      well a brawler is an inside fighter/pressure fighter
      a boxer is an outside fighter
      a boxer puncher is exactly like oscar, a dumbed down version of a boxer with less defense and movement of a pure boxer but makes up with power, basically a hybrid between a slugger and a boxer, ray robinson is a good example of a boxer puncher and would occassionally go to war, something "boxers" usually lack as not getting hit is their first priority

the general consensus is
      boxer > slugger because sluggers are punchers who looks for the ko whilst boxers are working for points at a distance
      slugger > brawler because a slugger is a big puncher whilst the brawler is usually lacking in defense
      brawler > boxer because a boxer will have no room to operate when he has the ring cut off and is being worked on the ropes

and are you suggesting ali dominated the trilogy, do you know how it played out, you realise ali fainted?
      ali didn't fight as a boxer in that fight, he took a more aggressive role early on that made the different, and that's what makes great fighters, adaptablity

also brawlers usualy have their best moments late in the fight
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-04-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Ok if there where another 10 secs left of Rd 1 Khan would of won by 1st Rd KO lol, we could go with these silly theories. Who said Khan is great? Why do people on this site love to use their own intellect and twist another posters words? Rematch Maidana! Fighting bums? Since the Maidana fight Khan has been fighting ranked top 10 fighters in his division, grabbed another title in the process. Come on b what are you on?
        A washed up Zab Judah and Paul McCloskey are both bums. Was there any doubt in your mind that Khan wouldn't beat either of them? There was no doubt in my mind. I knew Khan would win, just like he is going to beat Lamont Peterson. Come on man, these fights are jokes. Khan has done nothing but cherry pick since his fight with Maidana.

Comment

I have seen that fight, I do think he is a good fighter but what I'm trying to say is he would get beat by a good boxer!! Would you agree??
          The point Im making is that thats not necessarily true. Acosta is a top LW and a good boxer. His agression will put him past a lot of guys. He just wont be able to sustain it for a long career. He'll be beaten but it has to be an elite type of fighter to do it.

Comment

JCC was still a veteran and like you said ODLH was a up and comer, veterans tend to win but not on their case because ODLH out boxed the brawler...
            JCC was not a brawler, and ODLH had already become champ at two different weight classes and was in his prime. not to mention he was consider top 5 p4p before they even fought.

Comment

When you look back, Rios arguably beat the best boxer in the division at the time, Anthony Peterson. Rios was supposed to get owned in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                what hype? he fights on undercards and on showtime still. the small hype he does get is from forum posters. it's not like he's gary russell or adrian broner headlining cards on hbo against bums.
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  When you look back, Rios arguably beat the best boxer in the division at the time, Anthony Peterson. Rios was supposed to get owned in that one.
                  and with Acosta and there were even sum who thought the Antillon fight would be a war

Comment

I like Rios. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Would he fight Linares?

Be perfect opponent for Linares to get his career back on track.
                      you really think Linares would beat him?

Linares is good kid and a very skilled fighter but if DeMarco's pressure could get to him don't you think Rios would absolutely burst his pipes with the pressure he brings?

Comment

Working...
                      X