Could YOU Pass a US Citizenship test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could YOU Pass a US Citizenship test?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/01...ho-signs-bills

Apparently 92% of applicants pass the test. You need 58 or more correct answers to pass.

I passed with a total of 82 correct. Only 2 did I fuck up by misreading the question to be honest, though.

Try it if your bored enough.

Farce of an exam with no point to it. Most countries require one to demonstrate basic linguistic ability, not memorize useless facts.

Comment

lol, hey man, I don't call the shots. I was just bored and wanted to see what was so hard to the people south of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        lol, hey man, I don't call the shots. I was just bored and wanted to see what was so hard to the people south of the border.
        It's not like anyone can just apply to take it, you have to meet plenty of other residency requirements. No one would have any issues with that exam even without knowing English, the questions are all public domain. They probably even let you take it in Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
          It's not like anyone can just apply to take it, you have to meet plenty of other residency requirements. No one would have any issues with that exam even without knowing English, the questions are all public domain. They probably even let you take it in Spanish.
          Lulz, he wouldn't know anything about that. He's too busy being a Wapanese fat yank.

Comment

Got an 88 out of 96 started spazzing out in the later questions. I just wanted to finish.

91% ain't bad.

Comment

I did 28 and got the first 2 wrong only

Comment

There are some requirements, first off you have to have be a green card holder for atleast 5 years.

and even just getting the green card requires specifications like a job in the us offering a green card, or though family, or through refugee status, and a few other unique options.

once you have your green card and have been living here for 5 or more years you are eligable to apply for naturalization. now all you need is 680$ to apply for naturalization and to fill out the form.

in the link below there is a check list on pages 5-6 that you can go through to get a rought idea of just what exactally is needed.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/attachments.pdf

here i thought it was thousands of $'s to apply turns out its only 680... damn lazy illegals... they could be getting their green card through picking fruit...keep the job for 5 years...and apply to be a citizen....butttt nooooo

though i guess the farmers are also an issue for not offering a green card as they would have to pay minimun wage and abide by the laws of the alien immigration emplyment act or something...
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 11-29-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  There are some requirements, first off you have to have be a green card holder for atleast 5 years.

and even just getting the green card requires specifications like a job in the us offering a green card, or though family, or through refugee status, and a few other unique options.

once you have your green card and have been living here for 5 or more years you are eligable to apply for naturalization. now all you need is 680$ to apply for naturalization and to fill out the form.

in the link below there is a check list on pages 5-6 that you can go through to get a rought idea of just what exactally is needed.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/attachments.pdf

here i thought it was thousands of $'s to apply turns out its only 680... damn lazy illegals... they could be getting their green card through picking fruit...keep the job for 5 years...and apply to be a citizen....butttt nooooo

though i guess the farmers are also an issue for not offering a green card as they would have to pay minimun wage and abide by the laws of the alien immigration emplyment act or something.
                  Its not that easy for legal residents to get green cards let alone illegals

Easiest way is thru marriage

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Its not that easy for legal residents to get green cards let alone illegals

Easiest way is thru marriage
                    if your a legal resident then you should allready have a green card.

now with an offer of permenet employment you should also be offerred a green card though Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.

the problem is that most farmers/cleaning companys/landscapers arnt doing that, they dont want to pay you minimun wage, or deal with any of the other hassles.

but really it should be that easy to get a green card, if the employers wanted it to be.

here you can read up on it yourself instead of just making assumptions from what youve "herd"

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

Comment

Working...
                    X