Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin vs Arreola at Staples Center

This would be a great fight.

American debut for Povetkin.

Arreola has a chance to become the first Mexican world HW paper champ.

who wins?
    Arreola by KO/TKO
    42.31%
    Arreola by Decision
    7.69%
    Povetkin by KO/TKO
    15.38%
    Povetkin by Decision
    34.62%

Pretty close fight.

I'm going with the power guy.

If it turns into a fire fight, Arreola should win.

Comment

Would be a good fight. I'd pick Arreola, don't think Povetkin could control distance well enough or defend himself enough.

Comment

Povetkin will outbox him on way to a UD. I think arreola dont have the dedication and commitment to go as far as he could.

Comment

This would be a great fight for Arreola to finally test his new better weight against a top level guy. Rather him fight and knock Haye the **** out but this is good too. Tough fight, If Arreola can make it into a brawl I think he definitely wins. If Povetkin is smart, boxes, uses the ring, he should win pretty smoothly though.

Damn good fight for both of em actually at this point. Makes sense.

Comment

Would be a great fight :-)

Comment

If I was Arreola's promoter/manager I'd be pushing this fight. Povetkin did impress me at all with his performance yesterday. He fought tentatively and did just enough to win the decision. His punches looked weak and his work rate was dismal. Arreola is the bigger puncher and would not be afraid to mix it up with Povetkin to land some of his own. Arreola by KO...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                If I was Arreola's promoter/manager I'd be pushing this fight. Povetkin did impress me at all with his performance yesterday. He fought tentatively and did just enough to win the decision. His punches looked weak and his work rate was dismal. Arreola is the bigger puncher and would not be afraid to mix it up with Povetkin to land some of his own. Arreola by KO...
                If Povetkin didnt impress you against Chagaev then Arreola against Ayunha must have disgusted you.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Povetkin weighed in at a career high 231, had a short training camp and was coming off a 10 month layoff after he broke his hand in the Firtha fight.

I thought it was a good performance. Povetkin was winning the early rounds, took punishment and got hurt in middle rounds, overcame adversity, got his second wind, showed his heart, determination and clearly won the late rounds to win a clear UD over former world HW champ Chagaev. It was a good fight.

Povetkin showed very fast hands, good combinations and he does have power. He wobbled the iron chinned Chagaev in the 10th round.
                  Last edited by Sadistic; 08-29-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    If Povetkin didnt impress you against Chagaev then Arreola against Ayunha must have disgusted you.
                    Luckily for me I didn't see the Ahyunha fight. I did see his fight before that one, against Kendrick Releford, and I was impressed...

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
                    Povetkin weighed in at a career high 231, had a short training camp and was coming off a 9 month layoff after he broke his hand in the Firtha fight.

I thought it was a good performance. Povetkin dominated the early rounds, took punishment and got hurt in middle rounds, overcame adversity, got his second wind, showed his determination and dominated the late rounds to win a clear cut UD over former world HW champ Chagaev. It was a good fight.

Povetkin showed very fast hands, good combinations and he does have power. He wobbled the iron chinned Chagaev in the 10th round.
                    It was a boring performance at best. Povektin throws some good combinations but he doesn't follow and press. He gets in there does a little work and then gets out. Against a guy like Chagaev you can get away with that because Ruslan was very inactive but someone like Arreola you need a good offense..

As for Povetkin's power, he punches looked weak and at no point in the fight did it look like he hurt Chagaev...

Comment

Working...
                    X